Words On The Ice: if you were mic'd up

RichMan

Sometimes when you watch a televised game, you can probably catch some on ice "communication" between the players, some cues, some directions, occasionally some salty or foul rebuttal. 

Last night, during the last minute of a period I was told the best compliment,  "VA CHIER!!" (which is French for kind of F$#% YOU) after stoning a shot in an open net with my right pad off a big rebound.

Ahhhh, people are so nice in hockey, you know 😁

Dr.-Evil.jpg

Edited by RichMan
  • Like 3

I usually keep my trap shut; I am not very good at chirping.

Have had a bunch hurled my way over time casting hatred, contempt, and obloquy. Everything from MF-er to "you can open your eyes now". Good fun! One that was not so much fun was a coach in Junior (one of those games where pucks just hit me) threatening to send goons at me because "he's nothing but Swiss cheese". I dont know whether that still goes on; I hope not

Edited by Fullright
  • Like 1

One of my favorites was was calling a guy who perpetually flew the zone looking for a breakaway "Stephen Hawking" after stoning him for the 5th time in a game.  His own captain looked at me funny and said "he's not that smart", to which I replied "yeah, but he's all wheels and no hands...".