Need Help Picking a New Stick

oguy

Those Bauer composite are an expensive habit, aren’t they? I have an NXG and a 1S and whilst love the way they play and feel, I only get them out for special occasions. 

I love True sticks. Slightly heavier than Bauer, but well balanced and play like a dream. The durability concerns have not shown themselves, but I bought the hell out of them on sale. I bought the high end that was put on stupid sale, but can’t remember the model name. Love how they play.

Some people adore the new CR1 Warriors. I have no experience as I will NOT pay full freight for a stick. They have not gone on sale, yet LOL. 

If building my own bears fruit, I will be the worst person to ask as I’d only recommend my stick LOL.

I've been very happy with my CR1 (Bishop pattern).  It's definitely heavier than the 1S, but you get 3 for the price of 2 1S/2S Pros.  Really depends what you want I guess.  I like how the CR1 has held up but I"m in awe of how light the 2S Pro is.   When  my next stick breaks I'm not sure which way I'll go.  It'll probably depend how flush I'm feeling at the moment if I'm honest. 

Honestly there are so many good options out there right now I"m not sure you can go wrong.   I wouldn't have looked at CCM before the latest line they've released, but they've really stepped their game up.  Same with Warrior before the CR1 line (still wouldn't touch a CR2/3).  Good luck whichever way you go!

• 2 months later...

Just to follow up. There was a pretty good sale on CR1 yesterday so I got the blue SE one. Will compare it to my NXG and 1S I've been using. 

1S are amazing but break too often for my liking. 

NXG is an amazing stick and I'm not too bothered by the extra weight over the 1S. It has also lasted me way longer than my 1S sticks. 

If CR1 feels and plays like my NXG I'll be happy with it. Will report back after I try it. 

Archived