Catchball Performance Training

I had the opportunity to demo a new training aid from Switzerland called Catchball. 

Pro Skate Goal from Calgary sent me a demo unit. 

I found it to be pretty easy to use. Only complaint was trying to figure out how long to the set the cord for ideal use. My demo also came without instructions, so maybe that could have helped, haha

I also liked that it wasn’t too hardcore. Certain training aids seem too aggressive for a men’s leaguer. But it should also be a value add for younger goalies looking to improve coordination. Nice flexibility between potential use groups. 

The company is looking to get some additional feedback and gauge interest on selling this in North America. It will be about $30.

Could anyone who uses training aids take a look and see if this is a product that you think could be interesting or of benefit?

https://www.catchball.ch/

Let me start by saying, that was probably one of the worse voice over at the end that I've ever heard. '70s kung-fu worthy for sure.

On to serious things, I've seen this product before a year or 2 back. It looks interesting if you are focusing on forward motion drills. Otherwise, aside from not having to run after the ball if missed when using the regular ball and wall drills, it's an ok product I guess. As most promo videos are very much edited, how often would the subject get entangled with the elastic you think?

You would need a handful of live testers to get a more valued feedback. 

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Let me start by saying, that was probably one of the worse voice over at the end that I've ever heard. '70s kung-fu worthy for sure.

On to serious things, I've seen this product before a year or 2 back. It looks interesting if you are focusing on forward motion drills. Otherwise, aside from not having to run after the ball if missed when using the regular ball and wall drills, it's an ok product I guess. As most promo videos are very much edited, how often would the subject get entangled with the elastic you think?

You would need a handful of live testers to get a more valued feedback. 

You can do it anywhere without a wall which is nice too

I also found the elastic to be less predictable than bouncing it off the wall in a positive way. 

interesting note on the the elastic getting tangled. I attached the elastic to my waist and didn’t have any issue. Before I saw the video, I was attaching it to my arm and I was a hot mess 

9 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Here's the one I believe I saw a while back. Same principal.

https://www.xhockeyproducts.ca/goalie-reaction-ball.html

That's the one I purchased, and feel it's the better of the two. I really like the white with black spots on it. The idea is your eye actually tracks the black circles and, believe it or not, the ball almost seems to slow down when your eyes lock on to it. I got my $26 worth out of it for sure.

• 1 year later...
On 11/4/2018 at 2:02 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I had the opportunity to demo a new training aid from Switzerland called Catchball. 

Pro Skate Goal from Calgary sent me a demo unit. 

I found it to be pretty easy to use. Only complaint was trying to figure out how long to the set the cord for ideal use. My demo also came without instructions, so maybe that could have helped, haha

I also liked that it wasn’t too hardcore. Certain training aids seem too aggressive for a men’s leaguer. But it should also be a value add for younger goalies looking to improve coordination. Nice flexibility between potential use groups. 

The company is looking to get some additional feedback and gauge interest on selling this in North America. It will be about $30.

Could anyone who uses training aids take a look and see if this is a product that you think could be interesting or of benefit?

https://www.catchball.ch/

Are you looking to sell yours or are you just trying to get some general interest of who would purchase this?

Archived