2018 #NetWorthy Awards

TheGoalNet

For anyone who’s not on IG...

NOTE: This is based of my personal opinion and equipment I’ve extensively tested during the nearly 2 years TheGoalNet has existed... haven’t tested it all ( yet 🤪)

F71CB251-39D3-4EAF-8993-20015EA44E0B.jpeg

We’ll be counting down 5 #NetWorthy awards... First up is #5 “Biggest Eye Opener” - This is a product that I had low to no expectations for and became a staple in my bag. The gitch (base layer) is more comfortable than any I’ve worn before, the rubberized knee helps with knee pads, and the built in cut resistant sleeves saved time in the room.

2447F628-BC50-4E4B-94D7-2403AA76CABA.jpeg

#NetWorthy award #4... “Best Stock Flap” goes to Brian’s GNetik IV. Right outta the box, this glove basically opened and closed better than any glove I’ve ever owned before. For any goalies concerned with pops outs, give this mitt a gander. It’s amazing what easy closure can do to keep a puck in your mitt

5C87110B-2E0F-465F-AE6D-291A4F52EAF4.jpeg

#3 ... #NetWorthy award for Best Strapping goes to... CCM Premier 2‼️ Strapping is highly based on preference and there’s many good solutions out there, but CCM P2 felt best to me. It’s responsive ✔️It rotates well ✔️ It’s comfortable ✔️ Easy to use ✔️

9D4D5CBA-D450-4832-ACEF-106176555354.jpeg

#2 in the 2018 #NetWorthy awards is for “Most Effortless Slide” and this is the hardest to quantify... but, it felt like rink to rink, fresh ice to dirty, or big push to little push that OptiSlide was the most effortlessly fast. Some goalies may have a preference toward a tech that slides differently or responds differently based on the push. If you want the most effortless slide though, OptiSlide is my pick. It’s available on Optik and GNETIK IV

F314CBBE-59C1-4445-AA9B-13F27A5F3383.jpeg

And the #1 spot for the #NetWorthy awards... Most progressive new product‼️ This category is the most important to me because with out thinking “how can we do this differently?”, the industry would never progress. Things like the Velocity pad, Smart Straps, cowling-less skate, composite goalie sticks, or solid core pads were all once crazy ideas. They’re now common place among goalies and retail shelves everywhere. Congrats to Bauer for once again thinking outside the box and trying to make a stick that takes full advantage of composite design... instead of trying to make something that “feels like a foam core”

29 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Who's all use the Oneiric Base Layer?  I was looking into it and for $120 it seems a little on the high side

I've been using it since the summer.  The bit of extra $ to get the cut resistant material on the legs off-sets the $80 I was spending every year/year and a half for new cut resistant socks.  Granted I was using the Bauer ones and maybe there's a better alternative to those. 

I'd put it in the same category as something like the padded Bauer base layer.  You pay more because it has extra features, but if you don't need (or don't want) the knee grip or the anti-cut material, then I wouldn't argue they are better at "being spandex pants with velcro tabs" than other pairs (although they are good at that :P).

4 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

I've been using it since the summer.  The bit of extra $ to get the cut resistant material on the legs off-sets the $80 I was spending every year/year and a half for new cut resistant socks.  Granted I was using the Bauer ones and maybe there's a better alternative to those. 

I'd put it in the same category as something like the padded Bauer base layer.  You pay more because it has extra features, but if you don't need (or don't want) the knee grip or the anti-cut material, then I wouldn't argue they are better at "being spandex pants with velcro tabs" than other pairs (although they are good at that :P).

Gotcha.  Thanks for insight.

I'm currently in a UA Heat Gear set of leggings.  Never had any issues thus far.

I like the look of the Oneiric but not sure if I'd get my moneys worth

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Who's all use the Oneiric Base Layer?  I was looking into it and for $120 it seems a little on the high side

What size are you? I have an XL that was too big for me. it's used, but I'll send it for free if you cover shipping

42 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

Similar story. I don't wear socks with skates. I had UA cut resistant sleeves that I put on over UA hockey tights. Having the sleeve built into the pants is worth the extra cash.

Archived