Can't seem to get the 5 hole closed

longboarderj

Here are some pictures of my pads with me in them.  The first one is with them unstrapped and the second is with them strapped.  I get that v in where they meet and it annoys me.  My roller fly plates hold the pads off the ground about 1/8" but they never caused my old pads to not close.  Any suggestions???????

IMG_20170430_085130537.jpg

IMG_20170430_085348463.jpg

Stake strap is through the back hole in the chassis with some slack, next strap up is at about the top of my skate and is tight enough that it just touches my leg, next strap up is loose, my strap at the knee cradle is loose with the elastic strap for the knee lock snug then my top strap sits just loose around my pants.  My pads are able to rotate well and always return well.  Oh and my toe ties are elastic shock cord (homemade).

You may want to loosen your Knee lock a little, it looks like your pads are under rotated a bit causing that V that you don't like. Or I could be completely wrong. based on the 2 pics, it looks like your knee is sitting where the stack meets the pad causing the pad to sit less than perpendicular to the floor. just my opinion

Not to overstate the obvious, but is your rollerfly is jacking up the inside edge of your pad either at or just below your knee causing this rotation? It may be a combination of this along with your old pads not having as much taper at the toe as your current pads (you tell me) causing a rotation outward of your thigh rise.

(I doubt it is possible but) could you thin up the material under where your roller fly attaches? (Do they attach at the knee stacks?) Otherwise you could try adding a some sort of lift at the insides of the toes on your pads. Of course that will end up elevating the pad off the floor, but perhaps not so much as to be a problem? If there is a rollerflay at the calf wedges as well you could try some padding behind them to level up as well...

@old but slow I see what your saying about the pads under rotating.

@Ghostender the roller fly do jack the pad up a little but even with them off they 5 hole still doesn't like to close.  It could be my horrible technique???  These pads also have less taper in the toe than my old pads.

Here's some more pictures. And video, don't really have much room to move in my living room but I think it shows why I want the roller fly for inline.

IMG_20170430_140458164.jpg

IMG_20170430_140519606.jpg

IMG_20170430_140536273.jpg

VID_20170430_140805804.mp4

Those look like One.7's???  If that's the case, I've owned them and know that they are a very soft core pad and your roller-fly setup is likely pulling the outer roll down towards the ice, causing the pad to completely under-rotate.  They also have little to no support in key areas like the knee stack and calf that would keep you level and balanced in the pad, this would cause your weight to shift toward the lower portion of the pad which lifts the thigh rise up.  Try process of elimination like loosening the boot strap, take off the roller fly, make sure your centered on the knee stack and not sitting too far back and see if anything makes a difference.  Sometimes toe ties can be the culprit too as any excessive downward force on the toe will likely cause the thigh to lift if you have tapered toes.

As pointed out...loosen up that knee a bit and tighten up that upper calf strap if you are slipping off of the cradle.  Tightening that upper calf strap should pull that part of the pad in closer and lower the front area.  

Archived