CCM ABPro: Arm shortening

Chenner29

I recently had an opportunity to grab a CCM ABPro to play with.  The arms are a bit long, and after a bit of hemming and hawing, I decided to trim them.  Here's photographic evidence...and a bit of tutorial if you are looking to do this yourself.

All in all, it was a fun little project and ran me about an hour per arm.  Everything was done by hand.

Enjoy!

Step one:
Unlace elbow cup and open up the back.

image.png.47d14bad45feaf183959e1635b68104a.png

Step two:
Mark off some reference points.  I used silver sharpie.
I'm pretty sure this is the same sharpie Carey Price used to autograph a jersey I have on display in my garage...

image.thumb.png.77abd43c8a72bd9d3b8aa7f62008d6e1.png

Step three:
Detach the elbow floater.
image.png.7a0d4f17db2ee89961d8d5d0ce7e4140.png

Step four:
I forgot to snap a pic of this, but the forearm and bicep pads are held in with nylon pockets.
These stitches are pretty tight.  What you probably want to do is use a seam ripper to lift the seam so you can get a knife in there and start peeling and snipping.

Step five:
Take out the padding.
Not too familiar with what grade foam this is, I'm gonna guess HD sandwiched by LD.
Note again the three marks I made as reference points on how much to trim.
Notice the orange strip of D30, I ended up planting that just above the velcro strap at the wrist for flexibility.
I took off about an inch and a half.  Be careful when cutting!

image.png.3725d706b09c6a2c7b5470ed868c3627.png

Step five:
Since I used a strip of D30 just above the wrist, I had to close it off into it's own compartment.
You can also see the top of the forearm pocket here.
Marvel at how straight that stitch line is!

image.png.6da757ed3f336be45bb5b5c322223721.png

Step six:
Close off the pocket, reattach the elbow floaters.
Here's the finished product.  It wraps a lot better around my forearm.
If I had more skill, I would probably unstitch the velcro and wrist elastic, roll it up, and restitch.
image.png.391d81ff5bbf5d4151067a384d9edc6e.png

Archived