Any thoughts on these chest protectors..?

Hey everyone, I visited Pro Hockey Life earlier today in hopes to buy a new chesty. I narrowed my decision down to the Vaughn VE8 Pro Carbon NHL Spec, Bauer Vapor 2X Pro, and the CCM Extreme Flex Shield II. 

After trying each one one over and over again I started to get annoyed as I started to feel like they all felt the same. They all had enough mobility, although the Vaughn was by far the lightest and most mobile (although because it was so light it felt like it would be the least protective).. 

Does anyone have experience with these units and want to throw in their two cents? Mobility is great but I need the best protection I can get.

Thanks.

Arms on EFlex Shield 2 aren't as protective as I would have liked - I reviewed them elsewhere on this forum.
Haven't used this particular Vaughn before, but a common comment with all Vaughn units, even at the retail pro level is that the arms are weak.
Vapor 2X might be your best bet. A buddy of mine is one of the EBUGs for the local NHL team and he uses a retail, off-the-shelf Vapor 1X and has no complaints whatsoever about it. 2X is hopefully just as good. I think the Bauer 2X launch is technically this Friday, so long-term reviews won't exist for a while.

1 hour ago, cheddarberg said:

A division men's league, 3x a week.

Definitely not CCM stock off the shelf, Check out the 2x I guess. Some places do have beefed up versions, I got the ccm premier pro beefed up version from goalie crease maybe they have other units. 

52 minutes ago, cheddarberg said:

Yeah I haven't seen much of anyone complain about those units with the beef up kits. They do add a decent bit of bulk to the unit but the stock unit is very light so it still isn't too bad. I planned on going with one of those until I realized I wasn't facing a lot of super hard shots anymore so total mobility was key for me.

5 hours ago, wox33 said:

Yeah I haven't seen much of anyone complain about those units with the beef up kits. They do add a decent bit of bulk to the unit but the stock unit is very light so it still isn't too bad. I planned on going with one of those until I realized I wasn't facing a lot of super hard shots anymore so total mobility was key for me.

Purchased! 

Archived