What's in Genoni's Glove?

estogoalie

Thought it might be a warm up glove that he's beefed up, but theres plenty of pics of him using it in game on getty images - attached a couple that show it most clearly. Looks like a mold with neoprene on top, must be IIHF approved as it doesn't exceed the perimeter of the glove. I'm guessing he's either got an injured hand or preferred to use an old glove / couldn't get a new one in time for world champs as its old model (he must be the only pro left still using legacy Zero G's!)

gettyimages-1144006911-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-1144008028-2048x2048.jpg

2 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Thought it might be a warm up glove that he's beefed up, but theres plenty of pics of him using it in game on getty images - attached a couple that show it most clearly. Looks like a mold with neoprene on top, must be IIHF approved as it doesn't exceed the perimeter of the glove. I'm guessing he's either got an injured hand or preferred to use an old glove / couldn't get a new one in time for world champs as its old model (he must be the only pro left still using legacy Zero G's!)

gettyimages-1144006911-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-1144008028-2048x2048.jpg

P2 blocker. Interesting...

That glove will be ready to be lunched after that reinforcement/patch/protection piece added. The one thing with older jenpro that gets sewn like that is that the coating starts to leave the material in flakes. I learnt the hard way that sail thread sewn tightly can make Jenpro ugly in a very quick fashion.

Archived