Movement Drills

@Joe Messina Thanks for sharing this video. Based on the feedback on the SSLC thread, it's awesome that you took the suggestion and are sharing some technical stuff.

would you mind maybe adding a couple bullet points for us?

Anything particular the goalie is focused on here technique wise? Pushing a certain way? Stopping in a certain way, etc?

24 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Joe Messina Thanks for sharing this video. Based on the feedback on the SSLC thread, it's awesome that you took the suggestion and are sharing some technical stuff.

would you mind maybe adding a couple bullet points for us?

Anything particular the goalie is focused on here technique wise? Pushing a certain way? Stopping in a certain way, etc?

A few things I constantly work on with Ben is his footwork. As you can see he's extremely explosive with his movements and also his stops are very crisp. He keeps his game very controlled and more importantly....simple. 

Yes, need to go into the site editor and fix the posting capabilities for bandits sub section.

@Joe MessinaI think the suggestion though is that each video is not it's own individual topic.

I think having 1 thread that you regularly update with "Bandits video demos" or maybe i think thread per technique like "movement drills", "Save technique", etc that is regularly updated would work.

52 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

In this video, it seems like the goalie really kicks up his pushing leg and it gets high off the ice.

IMO, that would be considered poor form, no? Or is an exaggerated movement part of the drill?

Good eye, this particular drill is designed to run for .30 second period and with powder shuffles being the main focus through the middle. Great way to get the heart rate up especially when you have to do this for 5 sets, .30 seconds per set with a 20 second between each set! 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived