Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Max27

Painting stick all black

Recommended Posts

I thought this would be a cool project to do. Think it came out nice. Stick is a Warrior SR2. It will be a felony if i don’t use black tape on this lol 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job!

Yes- the black tape mafia would be all up in your business if there is more than just the knob of the stick taped in white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Great job!

Yes- the black tape mafia would be all up in your business if there is more than just the knob of the stick taped in white.

This is just a practice stick so im going to use black on the knob, plus, i dont tape a very big knob at all so i doubt it would be able to be mistaken for a puck with how small it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Max27 said:

This is just a practice stick so im going to use black on the knob, plus, i dont tape a very big knob at all so i doubt it would be able to be mistaken for a puck with how small it is

Did you apply clear coat as well? Let us know how durable the paint ends up being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MangoRhinehart said:

Did you apply clear coat as well? Let us know how durable the paint ends up being.

I didnt use clear coat. First i sanded the stick down and put goof off where i had tape and then i did 3 coatings with matte black spraypaint. i had an hour gap between every time i sprayed the stick down and it came out nicely. Im working with my goalie coach today and if the stick doesnt reek of paint by the time i have to leave ill use it today. Ill keep updated on how it holds up though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Black paint is going to explode off of that thing the first shot it sees.

I though of doing a faux wrap using sign vinyl and cutting Pooper. 

I did paint a stick, but I buried it in so much clear that it negates the weight savings of composite! Haven’t tried it on ice. You’re right- unless he properly prepped it, paint could potentially fly everywhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Black paint is going to explode off of that thing the first shot it sees.

This does seem like the most likely outcome.  Best case scenario is flakes of paint everywhere after a couple uses, but I'm desperately rooting for a huge shower of black paint!  Get us some video mas so we can laugh at with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Black paint is going to explode off of that thing the first shot it sees.

3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I though of doing a faux wrap using sign vinyl and cutting Pooper. 

I did paint a stick, but I buried it in so much clear that it negates the weight savings of composite! Haven’t tried it on ice. You’re right- unless he properly prepped it, paint could potentially fly everywhere!

40 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

This does seem like the most likely outcome.  Best case scenario is flakes of paint everywhere after a couple uses, but I'm desperately rooting for a huge shower of black paint!  Get us some video mas so we can laugh at with you.

I coated it 3 times and let it properly dry and set up so most likely whatll happen is just chipping. i dont plan on using this stick that much anymore so its not a huge concern if this ends up being a bust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Max27 said:

I coated it 3 times and let it properly dry and set up so most likely whatll happen is just chipping. i dont plan on using this stick that much anymore so its not a huge concern if this ends up being a bust

You will find out, right? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Did you rough it up with a 320 grit scotchbrite pad? If not, the paint may start flying. Or not. I have seen weird adhesion occurrences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

You will find out, right? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Did you rough it up with a 320 grit scotchbrite pad? If not, the paint may start flying. Or not. I have seen weird adhesion occurrences. 

i used 100 grit sand paper. my dad works with surfboards and uses it on the boards before he paints them and they all hold up fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Max27 said:

i used 100 grit sand paper. my dad works with surfboards and uses it on the boards before he paints them and they all hold up fine. 

Then you may be okay, then. 

Looks smooth, anyway. You’ll find out soon enough, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bunnyman666 said:

Then you may be okay, then. 

Looks smooth, anyway. You’ll find out soon enough, right?

yeah, im gonna use them next time i work with my goalie coach. i cant work with him this upcoming week so ill use it the next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Max27 said:

yeah, im gonna use them next time i work with my goalie coach. i cant work with him this upcoming week so ill use it the next week.

Off topic, who is your coach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Off topic, who is your coach?

I work with 3E east at superior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Max27 said:

I work with 3E east at superior. 

Do they only do kids or adults too?  I wouldn't mind getting a few sessions in with an actual coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Do they only do kids or adults too?  I wouldn't mind getting a few sessions in with an actual coach.

honestly, im not entirely sure. I will ask for you in the morning and let you know what he says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Max27 said:

honestly, im not entirely sure. I will ask for you in the morning and let you know what he says

Thanks Max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Thanks Max

Check your messages on here, I sent you contact information to schedule something with him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...