Eddy Molson Mask

Came across an Eddy Molson mask. Pretty decent shape, a tiny bit of rust on the cage, and a few light scratches on the left side. No stains on the inside, some dents in the foam from the backplate resting against it.

All I have found so far is that most were a bar promotion item and was mentioned on a how-its-made episode. Supposedly some were made for the ice, I dont know if those were certified or what. If this one was a bar promotion, why bother installing a chin strap on it?

Anybody have any information on it?

Part of me wants to use it because it fits my head so nicely. The other part wants to keep it nice and shiny because it is nice and shiny (minus defects mentioned above). Another part wants to sell it and fund a project.

Molson Rear.jpg

Molson Left.jpg

Molson Front.jpg

Molson Right.jpg

Molson Sticker.jpg

• Like 1

Man that mask brings back memories! My first real mask was a GT -- same exact shape, same cage, same shaggy blue sweat band I'm pretty sure (only my mask was black with triangle vents). It weighed a TON, but man could it take an impact without letting you feel it! Unfortunately it cracked in a potentially dangerous spot and I had to retire it. Had 2-3 masks after it that weren't nearly as good, one of which had its chin literally disintegrate on a shot that my Eddy would have simply laughed off. 

Maybe it's because I've spent more of my life in football helmets than hockey helmets in my life, but there was something really comforting about the heftiness of the Eddy. It just felt like it could take a beating and keep on going. My current Coveted has proven to be just as safe (maybe safer) and durable and I have ZERO complaints about it, but nothing I've had has matched that "feeling" of being protected that old Eddy had...

9 hours ago, jacksork said:

Came across an Eddy Molson mask. Pretty decent shape, a tiny bit of rust on the cage, and a few light scratches on the left side. No stains on the inside, some dents in the foam from the backplate resting against it.

All I have found so far is that most were a bar promotion item and was mentioned on a how-its-made episode. Supposedly some were made for the ice, I dont know if those were certified or what. If this one was a bar promotion, why bother installing a chin strap on it?

Part of me wants to use it because it fits my head so nicely. The other part wants to keep it nice and shiny because it is nice and shiny (minus defects mentioned above). Another part wants to sell it and fund a project.

Molson Rear.jpg

Molson Left.jpg

Molson Front.jpg

Molson Right.jpg

Molson Sticker.jpg

You mind popping this into the vintage gear thread? It would be a grand addition.

• 4 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 10:54 AM, jacksork said:

Came across an Eddy Molson mask. Pretty decent shape, a tiny bit of rust on the cage, and a few light scratches on the left side?tab=comments. No stains on the inside, some dents in the foam from the backplate resting against it.

Molson Rear.jpg

Molson Left.jpg

Molson Front.jpg

Molson Right.jpg

Molson Sticker.jpg

I think I just bought this off of you :)  I love it!  I have worn it, and plan on wearing it more.

Edited by beansbats

13 minutes ago, beansbats said:

I think I just bought this off of you :)  I love it!  I have worn it, and plan on wearing it more.

Well if it came from VT wrapped in a yellow Tim Hortons Youth jersey, then yes.

Glad it went to a good home. I couldn't justify wearing it myself and yet couldn't justify letting it sit on a shelf either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacksork said:

Well if it came from VT wrapped in a yellow Tim Hortons Youth jersey, then yes.

Glad it went to a good home. I couldn't justify wearing it myself and yet couldn't justify letting it sit on a shelf either.

The yellow Timmy’s jersey was a nice touch. Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Hey guys , I found this thread searching for info about this mask,  about 10 years ago I picked up one of these Molson masks from a guy that won it.  Thought it looked cool and being an goalie when I was younger it was a no brainer.  Now I'm looking to sell it .  Any suggestions other than ebay ?