Is primo actually better than weave jenpro sliding?

Jonathon v

I have gnetik 3 stock pads with weave on the side and binding. I’ve used gnetik 4’s one time and considering it was at a different rink and about 45 minutes into the ice being used, I couldn’t really tell if it slides better. But just a thought because when I rub my finger on the primo at the store, there seems to be a heavy amount of friction, just like regular jenpro. Is that a way to tell how pads slide? 

if primo didnt slide better brians wouldnt advertise it as sliding better, they would keep regular jenpro. idk where youre getting the feeling of heavy friction on primo from though, ive felt it in the store and it feels insanely smooth, smoother than bauers cortech or jenpro

It's leaps and bounds better than Speedskin when the ice gets choppy.   I'm alternating between a set of R GT2's with weave and a pair of CCM's with Speedskin and while Speedskin is better early in the game it feels somewhat sticky by game's end.   The weave on my Warrior pads is more consistent start to finish.  I just got to demo a pair of Brian's and found that the Primo was better than weave or Speedskin pretty much regardless of ice conditions.

Archived