V7 XR Blocker Feeling Loose - Thoughts?

djtendy

I recently purchased a V7 XR blocker used to match my V6 glove. It works well, but it's so loose around my hand I feel. I've tried pulling the tension chord and it doesn't seem to be too helpful. Any thoughts as to how to make it feel a little more snug? I'm now thinking about wearing a thin glove underneath my blocker, but ideally I'd like not to.

Coincidentally I wear a Vaughn (VE8) blocker too but I think this is an issue for a lot of blockers eventually.  They'll loosen up over time and not get as tight as they once were.

I sorta accidentally found a hack for this that works awesome.  I had a very minor sprain on my blocker thumb last year and so I starting wearing a thumb brace.  I didn't really think anything of it at the time.  When my thumb eventually got better I showed up to hockey the first time without it and I hated the way my blocker felt without it.  So I've been wearing this ever since.  The great thing about this type of inner "glove" is the minimal coverage and breathability while still allowing my blocker to fit tighter.

This is what I wear

image.png.0c1bf9f1e902986641897ba70a3c8660.png

If I wanted to level up and get an even tighter fit I'd go to something like this...but for me, the thumb brace is all I need.

image.png.fadc148988e3e300181a1abe392dce37.png

Some goalies (like Rask) go even one step further and wear baseball style batting gloves inside their gloves, too.  He wears his on his glove hand but it does the same thing

image.png.94b49d3f9eccaac24e3652196165465f.png

image.png.16ac3bb5ba4b3939bc720cbda9ed659c.png

All of our spare blocker palms come with an additional backhand pad.  This is useful for when the foams against the back of your hand compress over time and eventually makes the blocker feel loose.  By inserting this Velcro foam pad between the palm and the board itself you get that "new/tight fit" back on your blocker.

image.png.1e778c0c7d5a5ebb48e19640e82d0dd5.png

On 9/18/2019 at 12:51 PM, Kirk3190 said:

All of our spare blocker palms come with an additional backhand pad.  This is useful for when the foams against the back of your hand compress over time and eventually makes the blocker feel loose.  By inserting this Velcro foam pad between the palm and the board itself you get that "new/tight fit" back on your blocker.

Would this be compatible with other brands? I.e. suggesting I could pick one of these up and use?

On 9/18/2019 at 11:01 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Which tension cord are you referring to? I believe this blocker has two velcro points, one for the outer wrist protection and the other to adjust to wrist tension.

I'm assuming you're meaning that it's loose in the glove area and not the wrist area?

Yeah, the glove area and not the wrist area.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:51 AM, Kirk3190 said:

Right up my ally... I love a beefy pad behind the blocker board

Archived