Factory Mad glove

bunnyman666

10 minutes ago, Xdave90x said:

Man so jealous factory mad gear for me is like the holy grail! One gay ill own a set of FM gear for sure!

I haven’t gotten past gloves or knee guards. I want to try the pads one day. 

Factory blockers are really nice, but the bang for the buck IS the catch glove, by far!

On 10/31/2019 at 3:00 PM, bunnyman666 said:

I was thinking more Jaguar, but there is something oh so English about a Mini with a Union Jack on its roof.

Less so when it's a Mini with a French numberplate!

As an Englishman I can appreciate the irony though, especially as all the new Minis are essentially German anyways 🤣

1 minute ago, raucebyalien said:

As an Englishman I can appreciate the irony though, especially as all the new Minis are essentially German anyways 🤣

Exactly!

Though I only recognise the OG Minis as Minis; the Beemer ones are nice, though.

11 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

You forgot the left hand drive, as well.

I have been in America so long that left hand drive doesn’t look funny any longer!

15 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

You forgot the left hand drive, as well.

I have been in America so long that left hand drive doesn’t look funny any longer!

Didn't even notice that it was left hand drive 🙈

Yeah I'm the same - hated the new ones for a long time as they were massive and not really, well...Mini enough! But a friend who's a Mini enthusiast got one of the new BMW ones and I had to admit that they are a nice car!

On 11/2/2019 at 2:23 PM, raucebyalien said:

Didn't even notice that it was left hand drive 🙈

Yeah I'm the same - hated the new ones for a long time as they were massive and not really, well...Mini enough! But a friend who's a Mini enthusiast got one of the new BMW ones and I had to admit that they are a nice car!

I’ll give you a pass on LH drive if you give me a pass on the French number plate.

What was so strange for me in America is how the number plates are not permanent to the car it was registered to, but changes with each owner.  That, and how small they are!

• 1 month later...

The obligatory review:

Factory gloves are known for out of the box closure, and removable practise palms.

This is my second Factory glove. I opted for traditional build, not Proto or Ultralight, though I am certain some elements of the newer lines had crept in. 

The new logo isn’t terrible (as I like the old logo-free), and is actually subtle and classy. I like the logo. I was able to get it colour-matched to the glove’s main colour. 

Good closure from the box should not be confused with broken in. I am still breaking this one in! I only get one ice time per week and am busy as all get out with my three jobs, so it is slowly breaking in. I opted to not put it in the oven to break it in this time. It still closes well, it is just not broken in yet. I will most likely play my older, faux creamed horse hide set today as I am going to play against some heated rivals today and want to catch every shot! 

If you like a traditional “baseball glove” style closure, good blocking characteristics when you can’t catch (outer perimeter can deflect shots if needed) and durability, look no further than Factory. Be forewarned, Factory is a one man shoppe and you WILL wait, but the wait is well-rewarded. 

3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

The obligatory review:

Factory gloves are known for out of the box closure, and removable practise palms.

This is my second Factory glove. I opted for traditional build, not Proto or Ultralight, though I am certain some elements of the newer lines had crept in. 

The new logo isn’t terrible (as I like the old logo-free), and is actually subtle and classy. I like the logo. I was able to get it colour-matched to the glove’s main colour. 

Good closure from the box should not be confused with broken in. I am still breaking this one in! I only get one ice time per week and am busy as all get out with my three jobs, so it is slowly breaking in. I opted to not put it in the oven to break it in this time. It still closes well, it is just not broken in yet. I will most likely play my older, faux creamed horse hide set today as I am going to play against some heated rivals today and want to catch every shot! 

If you like a traditional “baseball glove” style closure, good blocking characteristics when you can’t catch (outer perimeter can deflect shots if needed) and durability, look no further than Factory. Be forewarned, Factory is a one man shoppe and you WILL wait, but the wait is well-rewarded. 

What's the difference between the normal, ultralight, and proto gloves?

Archived