Factory Mad glove

bunnyman666

Looks pretty sweet there, @bunnyman666 - this green colour theme is baller! Certainly the first time that I've ever seen the Union Jack on a piece of goalie gear. And the "FISH N' CHIPS", well that's just perfect!

You must be thrilled. Can we get some pics alongside the blocker now?

I really like the lighter/lime green hint on the inside of the T:

image.png.8db3fb05396595e72b4a113bf67deec5.png

However, I'm also a bit surprised it didn't pop up as a very small accent colour on the back somewhere - say, like on the velcro tab here:

image.png.b1446c0aa831268aa7cdf065c6ce1e34.png

3 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Looks pretty sweet there, @bunnyman666 - this green colour theme is baller! Certainly the first time that I've ever seen the Union Jack on a piece of goalie gear. And the "FISH N' CHIPS", well that's just perfect!

You must be thrilled. Can we get some pics alongside the blocker now?

I really like the lighter/lime green hint on the inside of the T:

image.png.8db3fb05396595e72b4a113bf67deec5.png

However, I'm also a bit surprised it didn't pop up as a very small accent colour on the back somewhere - say, like on the velcro tab here:

image.png.b1446c0aa831268aa7cdf065c6ce1e34.png

The lime green is used as a target for the shooter. This was also used on my tan Factory glove in orange. It’s my subtle take on gamesmanship!

Neon green on the back of the hand could be a target for a slash, therefore none on that tab. But logically from a design standpoint, it would make more sense.

Thanks for the kind words.

1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Are you sure it's the colour that would be the target for a slash, and not the wearer...?

:P

I have a funny story about the word “slash”...

In Bristolian slang, “slash” used to mean to “urinate upon”. My mum would say “no wonder that is a penalty!” I still chuckle over that!!!!

I do tend to get mouthy and earn a slash or butt end; sometimes even earn a cross-check! It sounds more ridiculing with the accent that I admit to putting on a bit stronger when hurling an insult in the ever-so-polite English way! 

13 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I have a funny story about the word “slash”...

In Bristolian slang, “slash” used to mean to “urinate upon”. My mum would say “no wonder that is a penalty!” I still chuckle over that!!!!

I do tend to get mouthy and earn a slash or butt end; sometimes even earn a cross-check! It sounds more ridiculing with the accent that I admit to putting on a bit stronger when hurling an insult in the ever-so-polite English way! 

In that case - I guess I get slashed, like, all the time.

34 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

This immediately came to mind. As a fellow half-Brit (my pops is from Preston, bloody northerner), well done! It's as British as meat pies and mushy peas. 

mini-cooper-british-racing-green-6.jpg

I was thinking more Jaguar, but there is something oh so English about a Mini with a Union Jack on its roof.

Archived