Greg Harrison Mask...Hats

RedX

Looking for leads on these awesome 90s Greg Harrison mask hats. I know there was a Potvin, McLean, Hayward, and Belfour. My memory says there was a Richter but I’ve never had any luck seeing one. 

I debated what forum to post in but settled in the Gear section. If I have to move it to the lifestyle section let me know. 

4F11AC3C-1FF0-427D-A6A8-8CA318AC53FF.jpeg

• 5 months later...

To add more to this,

there was also a Trevor Kidd, Wade Flaherty, Guy Hebert, and indeed a Richter. Impossible to find it seems. These were not licensed by the NHL so they were run out of shops pretty quick, landed on the Home Shopping Network and were also shut down there. I'd scoop em up if you can find em!

33 minutes ago, 123_shuffle said:

It fits me if I extend the strap like 85%. I'd really love to see the others if anyone has got one! Hayward must be cool.

Here's a pic for Potvin:

IMG_20200415_134757.thumb.jpg.c79e656920c1bd4e8a83004441684cff.jpg

That looks to be in a great shape considering the age. I remember seeing the Hayward one. It was based off his Harrison so it was the darker teal paint job, not the more Great White look on his Armadillo.

Whoa, these are incredible—top-notch kitsch. I'd love to see pictures of the other versions if people have 'em. If there was a Brodeur version of this hat, I would have worn it into dust in my middle-school days.

Interesting that these were made/issued by GregHarrison—I know he's the common thread through all these goalies, but was he behind the paint jobs as well? If not, I'd think the designer would have received a cut of the profit, in addition to the goalie. Just curious, I know this would have been like 26 years ago.

2 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Whoa, these are incredible—top-notch kitsch. I'd love to see pictures of the other versions if people have 'em. If there was a Brodeur version of this hat, I would have worn it into dust in my middle-school days.

Interesting that these were made/issued by GregHarrison—I know he's the common thread through all these goalies, but was he behind the paint jobs as well? If not, I'd think the designer would have received a cut of the profit, in addition to the goalie. Just curious, I know this would have been like 26 years ago.

Greg was a bit of a control freak when it came to his masks.  He made each one in his shop near Toronto Intn'l Airport, painted them, sewed the straps/sweat bands and even made his own cages. In the mid 80's I recall asking him why he hadn't hired an apprentice to at least assist with the sanding, claiming that he spent a minimum of 20 hours on that process per mask.  He was a one man operation.

7CED52F6-18F7-4B69-83D9-21ACB80C5CDC.jpeg

Archived