G-netik iv vs Bauer 2x pro

Big H

11 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Comfort is relative.  Both gloves feature pro level protection.   Gloves are far too personal to not try on.

I am big supporter of what Bauer is doing in goalie right now. I also agree that comfort is subjective. However, I think the one area Bauer is still lagging in is the feel of their gloves. I think if we gave 10 goalies a CCM or Brian's and asked them to comment on the feel of the materials and how they locked your hand in place, 9 of 10 would pick CCM or Brian's. This has NOTHING to do with the break angle. It's just the materials and plushness of the glove.

The one area Bauer is different than the Brian's in a better way is the finger tips. Bauer has the more traditional curved finger area. Brian's GNetik is a pancake

36 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am big supporter of what Bauer is doing in goalie right now. I also agree that comfort is subjective. However, I think the one area Bauer is still lagging in is the feel of their gloves. I think if we gave 10 goalies a CCM or Brian's and asked them to comment on the feel of the materials and how they locked your hand in place, 9 of 10 would pick CCM or Brian's. This has NOTHING to do with the break angle. It's just the materials and plushness of the glove.

The one area Bauer is different than the Brian's in a better way is the finger tips. Bauer has the more traditional curved finger area. Brian's GNetik is a pancake

my Bauer 2x glove does not lock my hand in place at all. When I catch hard shots it almost feels like its going to fly off my hand at times.  Brians gloves are infinitely better in that respect.

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

How does that make the Bauer better? Pancake closes easy and is open very wide

2 hours ago, Telfo said:

my Bauer 2x glove does not lock my hand in place at all. When I catch hard shots it almost feels like its going to fly off my hand at times.  Brians gloves are infinitely better in that respect.

This my only gripe with my 2x Pro set. Even with the catch liner, it's nearly impossible to get it to feel locked onto your hand. I'm actually to the point that I'm considering buying a G4 glove in matching colors to my 2x Pro set.

13 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

This my only gripe with my 2x Pro set. Even with the catch liner, it's nearly impossible to get it to feel locked onto your hand. I'm actually to the point that I'm considering buying a G4 glove in matching colors to my 2x Pro set.

lmao I was about to do the same thing but I think I am going to just get a full Optik 2 set instead and sell my 2x stuff.

5 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Yes, this is exactly what I’m referring too! 
2X pro isn’t a bad glove, it’s so break in ready, I snag picks 

it just doesn’t lock your hand compared to other models

@BadAngle41 any opinion? You’re going from CCM to 2X Pro

On 11/5/2019 at 4:18 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, this is exactly what I’m referring too! 
2X pro isn’t a bad glove, it’s so break in ready, I snag picks 

it just doesn’t lock your hand compared to other models

@BadAngle41 any opinion? You’re going from CCM to 2X Pro

It’s a very different feel for sure. I went with Pro Palm and reinforced T... so still breaking it in... but I do like the liner. What I’m trying to get used to most are the break (coming from 580) and the wrist closure. 
It snags pucks quite well... but almost inexplicably to me. I’m aware of how much I’m still trying to find the right feel but when called upon it’s been a vacuum. Not sure if this is a case of me just needing to get used to a new “normal” or not but I do agree that I certainly don’t have that same locked in feeling I had with CCM. 

3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

It’s a very different feel for sure. I went with Pro Palm and reinforced T... so still breaking it in... but I do like the liner. What I’m trying to get used to most are the break (coming from 580) and the wrist closure. 
It snags pucks quite well... but almost inexplicably to me. I’m aware of how much I’m still trying to find the right feel but when called upon it’s been a vacuum. Not sure if this is a case of me just needing to get used to a new “normal” or not but I do agree that I certainly don’t have that same locked in feeling I had with CCM. Yeah 

Agree: 100%. I don’t think ever had a pop out or a bad catch, so it’s amazing in that regard. Just does not have a snug feel.

Archived