G4 Practice Palm Insert

indykrap

Hey all,

Was taking apart my G4 pro glove the other day to tinker, and saw this piece inside the glove under the removable palm. I'm assuming this is the pro palm insert I see on all the product literature? 

Just curious if any other G4 users keep theirs in or not? I find my glove closes fine, but is still somewhat stifff after a year and change of using it 1-2x a week, as well as trying the Keep33 cycle.

60020775314__DF27EB8C-347C-4F7C-AE41-138108ECBE57.JPG

Depending on your level and if you have the SR or Pro glove, you may want to take it out. The protection on current gen Warrior gloves is great and you may find that you'll get a better response out of your glove without the added protection.

If I were you, I'd remove the padding and keep it handy for when the protection in your mitt starts to falter and use it as a way to get even more life out of your glove.

Just my two cents.

Edit: looks like I thought it was the wrong piece

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Depending on your level and if you have the SR or Pro glove, you may want to take it out. The protection on current gen Warrior gloves is great and you may find that you'll get a better response out of your glove without the added protection.

If I were you, I'd remove the padding and keep it handy for when the protection in your mitt starts to falter and use it as a way to get even more life out of your glove.

Just my two cents.

This is what I did right when I got my GT2 glove. Even now that it’s super broken in I’ve left it in the parts bin for when the wear is enough to start feeling stingers. 

13 hours ago, benner33 said:

This is what I did right when I got my GT2 glove. Even now that it’s super broken in I’ve left it in the parts bin for when the wear is enough to start feeling stingers. 

3 hours ago, chile57 said:

I might be wrong but I believe the piece that truly makes it a "pro palm" or "practice palm" is actually an insert piece of foam in the removable liner. The piece you've shown is down towards/in the cuff area.

Dammit you guys were able to recognize this piece correctly. I thought it was the palm insert and not the wrist insert.

@indykrap I wouldn't worry about removing this piece from the cuff area. It doesn't affect anything related to closure and offers a bit more protection.

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Dammit you guys were able to recognize this piece correctly. I thought it was the palm insert and not the wrist insert.

@indykrap I wouldn't worry about removing this piece from the cuff area. It doesn't affect anything related to closure and offers a bit more protection.

Okay, got it! I'll leave it in. Thanks @chile57 for the keen eye and thanks all for the advice.

Archived