Knee pads

Curty

Looking for advice for knee pads. Im 5’10” and 215 lbs. I have thick thighs and short ass legs. Right now I have Bauer Supreme knee pads but the are too big (long) and slide down.  I’m looking at all brands but wonder about sizing. Will intermediate fit for length and thickness?  Any brand better than others?

Bauer vapor 1x would be your best bet. They come with a belt to hold them up if you want to use it. I started using it then changed to not needing the belt and wear hockey socks over them and they don't move at all. I also have thick thighs too and have no issues with them in fact I picked up 2 more pairs of 1x knee pads incase something happens to my 1st set i bought 

First off, I’d say try keeping the top strap of the knee pads looser. I think many people think the tighter they affix the straps to their legs the less likely they will slide down. However the natural shape of our upper legs means anything tightly strapped to them will look for the narrowest point which of course is lower down by the knee. 
If you want custom sizing I know P.A.W. makes their knee pads based on each customer’s measurements. They can make any type of attachment mechanism to pants or pads. Also, they offer the garter belt option. I use this brand and they stay in place. 
Brown is another company that makes equipment based on customer measurements. 

2 hours ago, Curty said:

Looking for advice for knee pads. Im 5’10” and 215 lbs. I have thick thighs and short ass legs. Right now I have Bauer Supreme knee pads but the are too big (long) and slide down.  I’m looking at all brands but wonder about sizing. Will intermediate fit for length and thickness?  Any brand better than others?

Look at PAW, Sara makes customs sized knee pads for around the same price as off the shelf ones. They last a long time and are very protective and comfortable. She also can customize them to pretty much anything you want. 

Archived