Any equivalent to Bauer Reactor hybrid?

Dumpy

I got to try my buddy’s Reactor Hybrid stick and i like it alot. He seems to have bought up every single one he haseight of them in his basement unused and he aint sharing. Hes kinda a hoarder. It’s a composite shaft foam core. Anyone know anything comparable? 

If you want to stick with Bauer, then the Vapour line would be what you'd want to look into. It's like a mix of foam core and composite.

Otherwise, you'll just have to explore what remaining foam core options there are. It's going the way of the dodo and won't be long till they're just not being made anymore.

I remember last year the hockey shop was having a massive sale on their foam core sticks, literally 2 for 1 on a reduced price. Apparently they still couldn't shell off their old inventory. The market just isn't there anymore.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If you want to stick with Bauer, then the Vapour line would be what you'd want to look into. It's like a mix of foam core and composite.

Otherwise, you'll just have to explore what remaining foam core options there are. It's going the way of the dodo and won't be long till they're just not being made anymore.

I remember last year the hockey shop was having a massive sale on their foam core sticks, literally 2 for 1 on a reduced price. Apparently they still couldn't shell off their old inventory. The market just isn't there anymore.

Worse comes to worse Ill adapt to whatever as long as my old bones can play hockey. My buddy who played hockey a long time says when you find something you like, buy up every last one cause you know they aint gonna make them like that anymore. Thanks kindly for your suggestion.

4 minutes ago, rlwillis33 said:

Not sure if they are still making them but Vaughn was offering one like this for awhile as well. Composite shaft and foam core paddle/blade.

I will check that out. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Check out Goalieworld.com.   Perani's in Livonia had some of the Vaughns when I was up there a couple weeks ago, but they've got a big sale going right now (in-store only unfortunately) so who knows what they've got left. 

Goalieworld always has new old stock gotta remember that monkey aint the endall in gear. My buddy keeps saying he is gonna build us some sticks. He referenced some guy named kicksave on the old forum who told you how. Thanks for the suggestion.

On 7/16/2020 at 7:14 AM, Dumpy said:

I got to try my buddy’s Reactor Hybrid stick and i like it alot. He seems to have bought up every single one he haseight of them in his basement unused and he aint sharing. Hes kinda a hoarder. It’s a composite shaft foam core. Anyone know anything comparable? 

Monkey still has them in 3 paddle heights (25, 26, 27)

https://www.goaliemonkey.com/clearance/sticks/senior/bauer-goalie-stick-reactor-hybrid-sr.html

7 hours ago, Dumpy said:

I may check them out. I know they wasn’t popular at the retail level. My buddy got them low as $50 each and thats what I want to pay. I am a certified cheapskate. 

Not popular at the pro level either.  Not sure what other levels there are...

20 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Not popular at the pro level either.  Not sure what other levels there are...

Shitty beer league level and only popular with two not so esteemed members of the shitty old beer league goaler club. I may check out the Northstar sticks because they also have the same type of stick. Ofcourse my supply of Brian’s Timber is running low but im not sad. 

1 hour ago, Dumpy said:

Shitty beer league level and only popular with two not so esteemed members of the shitty old beer league goaler club. I may check out the Northstar sticks because they also have the same type of stick. Ofcourse my supply of Brian’s Timber is running low but im not sad. 

That's the same as retail...it's a big group of us in there.

Last time I talked to Rob, he's not getting any new Northstars.  May still be trying to sell some old stock.

2 hours ago, rlwillis33 said:

Check out this *NEW* Montreal 9500 Senior Regular Goalie Stick 28" Toskla. on SidelineSwap!

Them shafts bent like crazy as a forward stick. I could fling pucks hard with no effort. That looks like another unicorn I could get addicted to and spend the rest of my life tryna find!

On 7/16/2020 at 10:14 AM, Dumpy said:

On 7/17/2020 at 10:17 AM, Chenner29 said:
On 7/17/2020 at 10:29 AM, Dumpy said:

I may check them out. I know they wasn’t popular at the retail level. My buddy got them low as $50 each and thats what I want to pay. I am a certified cheapskate. 

The guy literally finds exactly what you're looking for and you "may" check them out?  :myhead:

27 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

The guy literally finds exactly what you're looking for and you "may" check them out?  :myhead:

My buddy got his for $50 each. I have my eye on them hope there cheaper at some point. but ya I get where the jacky chan meemee comes from

if I seemed rude @Chenner29 please accept my apologys i do appreciate you finding them for me I only looked at pure for them.

17 hours ago, Dumpy said:

My buddy got his for $50 each. I have my eye on them hope there cheaper at some point. but ya I get where the jacky chan meemee comes from

if I seemed rude @Chenner29 please accept my apologys i do appreciate you finding them for me I only looked at pure for them.

Try calling GM and see if they'll accept an offer.  I'm sure they'd rather get something for them rather than sitting on them.

7 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Try calling GM and see if they'll accept an offer.  I'm sure they'd rather get something for them rather than sitting on them.

Good idea nothin ventured nothin gained.

15 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Keep us posted

My buddy kept catching them on deal of the day, which is how he got them so cheap. He says they aint worth more than $50 a piece I agree LOL  Hes been complaining that monkey aint runnin the specials on them like they were. Maybe we pool our cash and make them an offer they cant refuse LOL

My buddy decided to try a new stick. He was happy with the Bauer composites and might try some of the newer ones on clearance. If he likes them hes selling me his Reactor Hybrids cause he needs to horde the new favorite man hes a fickle dude.

Archived