Anyone know how to fix the dreaded finger curl?

GoalieInTheDesertYT

I recently acquired a Gnetik 3 glove for free from one of my old goalie partners who going over to play D2 in Sweden. 

it’s fairly new not even broken in yet. The only problem is finger curl. While it’s not a massive curl, I see it becoming a big problem in the future.

other than taking apart the glove does anyone know of a way to fix it?

Edited by Goalieinneed

5 hours ago, Goalieinneed said:

I recently acquired a Gnetik 3 glove for free from one of my old goalie partners who going over to play D2 in Sweden. 

it’s fairly new not even broken in yet. The only problem is finger curl. While it’s not a massive curl, I see it becoming a big problem in the future.

other than taking apart the glove does anyone know of a way to fix it?

Can you post pics?  It might help understand and help with what you are talking about.

I know Vaughn gloves prior to V5 were notorious for finger curls but I have not seen it in other brands. 

You could give it a good hot tap water flush and then use some clamps and a table top to force it back to what it was as new. It isn't totally flat so not too much of a force or put something in between to leave just a bit of a concave. Might need two heat ups to get it done.

That said, better way is to take it apart and see that everything is ok inside at the same time while there.

Wish I had same kind of friends giving me gloves and whatever goalie gear which are repairable to an almost new condition. 🙃

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scythe said:

I didn't know it could be fixed  plus i wouldn't know where to begin.. hope you can fix yours.. it doesn't look that bad to me. 

It's only the plastic sheet inside the glove that's taken hit. Propably from pushing the glove against pad, thigh or blocker to open the glove or to set it properly to hand. This behavior can be seen in almost all of the videos people do on practise icetime. Hitting the gloves together.

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1