Jerry Wright mask?

kerouacknew

Hi,

Im looking at buying a new mask. I was considering buying a Bauer nme 10 (I liked the fit) but have recently found an old Itech Jerry Wright 961 which was used in the OHL. Looks like the goalie it was made for played in 97.  So about 20 yrs old.

The mask has been refurbished and is in great shape. My question is What are people's thoughts on the old Jerry Wright mask's.? Still considered good compared to the new stuff?

Im currently in a Protechsport which I've had for a few years. Just looking to try something new. Would love to hear a few opinions .  Thanks

Going back to the OP, I wouldn't trust any mask that's 20 years old. I have a bunch of Vaughn and Sherwood shells made by Van Veldon and while I would absolutely love to wear them, even the best resin degrades over time. Ultimately though, it's your brain. Is it worth the risk?

Jerry is active on facebook, so your best bet would be to shoot him a PM.

21 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Maybe I misread this, but I thought Jerry has again retired.

I meant that he's on facebook and still comments on others' posts. I don't know if he's retired or not. A few days ago he posted a comment on a Jamie Storr mask in the Game Used Goalie Masks group. I'm sure if the OP sent him a pm asking if it's safe to use the mask, he'd respond.

10 hours ago, parebele said:

Going back to the OP, I wouldn't trust any mask that's 20 years old. I have a bunch of Vaughn and Sherwood shells made by Van Veldon and while I would absolutely love to wear them, even the best resin degrades over time. Ultimately though, it's your brain. Is it worth the risk?

Jerry is active on facebook, so your best bet would be to shoot him a PM.

Good point. I think i'm gonna pass on it and look for a newer 960.

Thanks for all the replies.

4 hours ago, Joe Messina said:

what mask do you currently wear? 

Bauer NME8 Fit 1.

To put it into perspective, I ripped out a Maltese kit and put the stock padding back in because it was more comfortable. So that’s my biggest fear about another companies masks - the padding. The NME has low density gel inserts in the padding. 

Style-wise, I like the shape of the NME/Profile. I find CCM and Vaughn masks to be horrible looking. Obviously fit and protection are more important than looks, but it’s still a consideration.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2017 at 10:29 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Bauer NME8 Fit 1.

To put it into perspective, I ripped out a Maltese kit and put the stock padding back in because it was more comfortable. So that’s my biggest fear about another companies masks - the padding. The NME has low density gel inserts in the padding. 

Style-wise, I like the shape of the NME/Profile. I find CCM and Vaughn masks to be horrible looking. Obviously fit and protection are more important than looks, but it’s still a consideration.

I would check out our Assault model as it would fit your criteria your looking at. Hope this helps. 

On 12/23/2017 at 2:23 PM, HockeyBum said:

@Joe Messina What's the difference between the Outlaw 2.0 and the Assault? And are the prices on the website CAD or USD?

the Outlaw and Assault are manufactured with the same material and layup however the shape is different. These two masks along with our Assassin model are the pro line masks that we offer. The design, makeup and construction are incredible. 

26000864_1879860055376312_15218451608961

26001097_1879860052042979_36148962896721

26165438_1879860062042978_88193499211152

Archived