Mask repadding/refurbishment ???

Snowman30

Has anyone tried Unequal padding in their mask (thin darker green padding in Hiller's mask, also used by Khudobin, Miller, and some others under their foam padding)? It is also quite pricey and I don't know if they'd be willing to sell the sheets either.

On 12/14/2017 at 2:22 PM, Chenner29 said:

I've been with Maltese for just under a year at this point, and I get this question all the time.  Unfortunately, there are no plans to release uncut sheets or product-specific solutions at this time. 

I can tell you I've put 3 kits in my masks throughout the years, and have never had an issue with fit, but that's me personally.

What kind of issues are you experiencing with fit, maybe I can help you there?

I just do not enjoy/can't get used to not feeling some sort of foam on all part of my mask.  It isn't so much about fit, but feel/comfort.  The backplate was especially bothersome.  It could just be me because I fidget with my mask chin a lot.  I love my neck guard and believe the gel is a superior padding to the foam, but it's very uncomfortable to not feel it on my entire head.

33 minutes ago, sebastiancp1 said:

I just do not enjoy/can't get used to not feeling some sort of foam on all part of my mask.  It isn't so much about fit, but feel/comfort.  The backplate was especially bothersome.  It could just be me because I fidget with my mask chin a lot.  I love my neck guard and believe the gel is a superior padding to the foam, but it's very uncomfortable to not feel it on my entire head.

I think I know what you mean as I felt something similar to this with the new style kit when I was padding my most recent shell.

I think a lot of folks build their kits from the shell down, meaning they look at an empty shell and decide where to fill space.

What I've always done is build the padding from the head up, meaning I pad my shell with consideration for any flat spots or problem areas on my head.

Hopefully this helps if you decide to repad it with the kit, or for anyone who is about to pad theirs.

5 hours ago, TitanG said:

Has anyone tried Unequal padding in their mask (thin darker green padding in Hiller's mask, also used by Khudobin, Miller, and some others under their foam padding)? It is also quite pricey and I don't know if they'd be willing to sell the sheets either.

No but they have insoles made of their material that I'm considering trying if Maltese doesn't have some soon. 

Archived