estogoalie's vids

estogoalie

Just to preface, I play manly now in the Sensler Cup league in Freiburg Switzerland. But occasionally in 3rd and 4th league as well. Sensler Cup is about the same level, the top teams have a few former 1st and 2nd league players. Anyway...

From today's game vs. the top team in the league, lost 5-3, arrgh close, usually they blow out opponents by scores of 10-1. If I only could have stopped 2 more.

29 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Nice job! Good stance keeping you on balance. Quick reflexes. Good use of your edges moving about the crease. Welcome to the sewing circle!

Thanks, altho I feel a little sluggish this season, I haven't been on the ice enough, but I've got a bunch of extra ice time coming up with some other teams, so that should help. Plus gotta work out a little more, at 46 year old it gets a little harder every year to keep the strength up :/

But yea, 2 blocker saves in under a second, not bad if i can toot my own horn :giggity:

• 1 year later...

From last game...periods 1+3. I mount the cam by the bench and only record on that side. Good thing actually, the 2nd was a disaster. Had a pretty strong 1st tho. 3rd was soso..

Highlight reel save at about 2:05 if you don't wanna watch the full 3 min vid... ;)

...altho at the end 3:08 there is a weird thing, I had the puck, and though the play was dead, but the ref didn't blow the whistle, and when I dropped the puck it was actually still in play, which was confusing to me and the other team I think as well.. They have some new rule here in Swiss leagues that goalies have to keep the puck moving, I already got a delay of game penalty once, and my son as well. I still don't understand when I am allowed to hold the puck and when I have to keep it moving....strange...

Fresh off the press from last night's game. We played decent in the 1st, and ended the period up 2-1 actually. But then the wheels came off in the 2nd and we wound up losing 7-3. Oh well, we're the next-to-last place team, so no big expectations. Altho would be nice to win occasionally...

8 hours ago, Imperative said:

It is tough losing all the time, guys start to expect to lose and it kind of hangs over the team.

Yea, I think it's kind of eating them/us. The 1st period we played well, so it's not like it's impossible, they/we aren't that bad. If we/they could have played like that for 2 more periods, we definitely could have pulled out a win. But there's some lack of "fire" (ironically for a team called the "Flames") and feeling like we already lost even before the game is over. With a good coach who could motivate better, they could improve alot.

...BTW this is my "second" team (why I refer to them as "them"), I also play with another team in a different league which is my primary team, and that team is in the upper half of the rank table, we usually finish in 3rd place, only because the top 2 teams are stocked with former Div.1 ringers. The first two videos here are from my main team (in black jerseys), both playing against the league champs (in white jerseys). We did manage to actually beat them a year or two ago :)

• 10 months later...

Played the new league champs last night, a group of ex-pros and Div.1 guys. I played OK, except a couple of mistakes, was angry at myself for the 5-hole goals, and alot of shots hit my trapper cuff instead of the pocket (but at least stopped the shot)

...at 2:39 I over-slid, and then batted down a shot on goal with my paddle, but it's a little hard to see with all the traffic in front

Good game! Glad to see I am not the only one posting on the video thread! Your opposition seemed to be pretty skilled and got to the middle of the ice fairly easily. I don’t know if it was the camera angle but it looked like you have a lot of double coverage with your glove positioning 

On 11/9/2019 at 4:04 AM, Imperative said:

Good game! Glad to see I am not the only one posting on the video thread! Your opposition seemed to be pretty skilled and got to the middle of the ice fairly easily. I don’t know if it was the camera angle but it looked like you have a lot of double coverage with your glove positioning 

Thanks. But what do you mean about "double coverage" with glove positioning?

Archived