Vaughn SLR 3

seagoal

9 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The bindingless sidewall on the blocker looks incredible. The pads also appear to have an angled knee stack similar to optik 2 and G5. Not sure why the shin on the pads is still so thick other than maybe to accommodate large knee pads. I wasn't expecting to say this but it's a very close race between SLR3 and G6 for me. It'll come down to which is cheaper rather than which is better since they seem so close.

"And here we see ladies and gentlemen how quickly proper advertising can sway a buyers decision based solely off of a few images and flash visuals"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

"And here we see ladies and gentlemen how quickly proper advertising can sway a buyers decision based solely off of a few images and flash visuals"

Shhhhh I’m a very simple person and they left plenty to the imagination. I know what I like and Vaughn and Warrior happen to be the closest to it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Especially in The Youth.  May God bless them.

The current youth are ruining society. (that's what old geezers are supposed to say right?)

12 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Shhhhh I’m a very simple person and they left plenty to the imagination. I know what I like and Vaughn and Warrior happen to be the closest to it. 

Nah, I know you've been in Ritual and Ventus gear in the past. I'm just having a laugh at your fickleness.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Nah, I know you've been in Ritual and Ventus gear in the past. I'm just having a laugh at your fickleness.

Decisiveness is not one of my best features unfortunately. Don’t get me wrong, Eflex 5 isn’t bad by any means, hell I play pretty well in it but it doesn’t feel like home to me. I wore bauer last year as well but the lack of custom sizing is a big turn off. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Gio said:

Man this group is dead

There's just not to much to say beyond speculation about this gear yet.  Check the Sitings thread....you can see some good pics of Kuemper's SLR3s. 

Release dates are typically after a new NHL season and the prices on gear these days stay the same: $1700 for pads, $550 for gloves, and $400 for the blocker. Give or take.  Just under $3000 for the set. 

Edited by seagoal

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Teezle said:

According to their facebook post, they started taking retail orders today. But I couldn't find any updated catalogs/spec sheets/descriptions on their official website.

https://fb.watch/8Vn80tDhPD/

Just sent Vaughn an email requesting details. Personally if I’m going to order SLR3 next season I’d like to know what I’m getting myself into. 

On 10/31/2021 at 4:23 PM, seagoal said:

Here's an out the box overview of the chest/arm unit by a goalie YouTuber I enjoy

Unique button system for a 2 settings arm length adjustment 

Definitely has my interest.

I was in the LT90 years ago and it's still been one of my favourite C/A's. I just had an issue of a lack of stomach protection as the LT90 was designed for tucking and it wasn't extended till the LT98. One of my favourite parts of it was the shorter arms and I'm hoping that's the same on this one too.

I've given up on my 2S and gone back to my beat up GT1.

I'll wait till my local shops get stock in. Getting this from Goalie Monkey would cost me about $150 more for the unit than off the shelf here.