Agreement Reached for NHL Players to Participate in 2022 Beijing Olympics

SaveByRichter35

The NHL and NHLPA have come to an agreement with the IIHF and IOC that will allow NHL players to participate in the 2022 Olympic Games in Beijing.

The agreement does carry an opt-out clause: the NHL and NHLPA can pull out of the Olympics, should COVID-19 conditions worsen, or if the 2021-22 NHL schedule has been disrupted by cancelations, and the league feels it needs to use the Olympic break to make up games. The deadline for the opt out is believed to be in early January, sources told ESPN.

The NHL is scheduled to break from games from Thursday, February 3 through Tuesday, February 22. All Star weekend in Las Vegas -- beginning on Feb. 4 -- was going to happen whether players are participating in the Olympics or not.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/32139847/sources-agreement-reached-nhl-players-participate-2022-olympics-beijing

24 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

I hope China gets to keep their men's team in the tournament. I really want to see how bad the scores will get. 

I think everyone wants to watch that (except China).

36 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Lol dude you're not a Kings fan so that one doesn't bother me as much.  That's like me posting this...
Bruins Beat Canucks for First Stanley Cup Since '72 - The New York Times

5cxEorK.thumb.png.0adaa1275b1c939bdfb88ec7fab7c3b4.png

Wait, what are we doing again?

• Haha 1