Suspenders Thread

WizYuan

Talk about suspenders here.

I've decided to put on suspenders for (???) purposes and was wondering what would be the best way to wear them. My current pants are a Reebok PS less Belt and my chesty is a Simmons 998. I normally tuck in my chesty into my pants and tie them to the hole provided in the rib protection. How loose should I tie my pants now as well?

I had Dennis at factory add Mrazek straps to the floaters on my V6 2200. I wear my brown suspenders over the unit to keep it down and in place. I then run the draw string and belt thru the loop on the belly portion. Lastly I tie my pants relatively snug to keep everything in place 

I always used to wear them under, but lately I've been tucking my c/a in and wearing them over the floaters. I never really considered tucking before, but now I'm all in. There is way less conflict when crouching down, VH, and RVH. I've definitely converted. Also, I always had mobility issues with my helmet and floaters, this drastically reduces that problem as well.

I have Brown suspenders. I wear them over the C&A. I have Velcro Mrazek straps on the shoulder and bottom of the shoulder floater, by the rib. I wear the suspends over the C&A. 

I also have a fighting strap on the back and loop that through my pants. That is the biggest improvement for me in terms of fit. 

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I also have a fighting strap on the back and loop that through my pants. That is the biggest improvement for me in terms of fit. 

I have a loop of skate lace tied to my pants that i run my straps through. I like the buckle option on the Brown and Passau units, might have to consider them when i upgrade.

56 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I never understood why those were so popular. 

Word. I have the Easton suspenders when I purchased my pro pants.

15 hours ago, KootenayKeeper said:

I tucked last year with suspenders over top but it was too hot so I'm back to being an non-tucker this year. I kept the suspenders and cross them over my head to prevent them from sliding off. It also helps to keep my Maltese combo in place.

How do you cross suspenders? When I tried it, the suspenders ended up going around my neck. What benefits (crossing suspenders) did you have when you used to use suspenders?

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I never understood why those were so popular. 

For a stock option they had good elastic. The orange connectors were soft so they didn't break too easy for a shot. Also Easton was a major supplier to teams compared to someone like Brown 

1 hour ago, WizYuan said:

How do you cross suspenders? When I tried it, the suspenders ended up going around my neck. What benefits (crossing suspenders) did you have when you used to use suspenders?

The suspenders were the correct length for when I wore them on top of my tucked c/a. Now I don't tuck and wear the suspenders under my c/a. They're too long that way and instead of readjusting the length I simply cross the right suspender over my head onto my left shoulder and the reverse for the left suspender. 

I wore suspenders before I tucked and this current setup fits about the same as that. It doesn't pinch my neck and helps keep my Maltese combo in place, not that it was much of an issue before. But if I ever wanted to tuck my c/a I can do so without having to readjust the suspenders. 

Archived