Eflex 5 c/a reviews?

RichMan

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, netminder said:

And his first impressions are about as useful as a Walmart greeter giving us his first impression of the new graphics on a box of Lucky Charms....

You have to give him some credit for buying the gear to test it out or at least give us an in depth look at it. Unfortunately he can't test the new stuff cause he has to return it.

I don't see many firsthand-unbiased-non promotional video reviews that aren't just about the same brands, even if he does cover the big 5.

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

You have to give him some credit for buying the gear to test it out or at least give us an in depth look at it. Unfortunately he can't test the new stuff cause he has to return it.

I don't see many firsthand-unbiased-non promotional video reviews that aren't just about the same brands, even if he does cover the big 5.

He borrows it. Most of his reviews are made for people that can't actually touch the gear in person.

Results may vary, but I live 10 minutes away from one of the largest hockey specialty stores in the country. His reviews for me are essentially pointless.

27 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

He borrows it. Most of his reviews are made for people that can't actually touch the gear in person.

Results may vary, but I live 10 minutes away from one of the largest hockey specialty stores in the country. His reviews for me are essentially pointless.

They are really useful for this, though. One of the better parts of his videos is going through the entirety of each piece, so you can see more of the construction than just what the promotional photos on websites show. Everyone has personal preferences, but it is refreshing to hear things like "they changed materials and I don't think it is as good/soft/grippy as the previous version, and here is why" instead of just "this is the newest and bestest gear this manufacturer has ever made!"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Teezle said:

They are really useful for this, though. One of the better parts of his videos is going through the entirety of each piece, so you can see more of the construction than just what the promotional photos on websites show. Everyone has personal preferences, but it is refreshing to hear things like "they changed materials and I don't think it is as good/soft/grippy as the previous version, and here is why" instead of just "this is the newest and bestest gear this manufacturer has ever made!"

I hear ya. I can see how people would like what he supplies and why it's useful.

I was mostly touching on my own personal bias to the reviews as I'm spoiled lol

• Like 1

Got a chance to touch and feel this unit and compare it to 5.9. The arm paddings are so thin. Almost no soft materials there and not that much of the harder either. Can't just believe it would sting through. And the comparison between gave me very little in differences, like 3DO is there but what else. Maybe some millimeters of thickness in some paddings but couldn't really measure that.

Not really impressed about these C/As at all, maybe even less than the Eflex 2 series.

Just to mention, I'm not telling these couldn't perform IRL, just that the feeling of these aren't impressive.