Glove Size

A.YOUNGoalie13

Hey everyone, I’m ordering my first set of senior stuff soon, but I’m a bit nervous about the glove fitting. At the store I work at we really only have Brian’s CCM and some warrior. The CCM gloves fit wayyyy bigger than the Brian’s, but I am probably ordering a Bauer, so does anyone know how the sizing compares? @TheGoalNet I know you have reviewed both in depth would really love to hear what you think.

@A.YOUNGoalie13 in theory - all senior sized stuff is rocking the same sizing parameters (circumference and/or blocker board size) so you should be able to work with anything (particularly since you're still growing). The only thing I've noticed brand to brand is that - for whatever reason - Brian's (at least used to) run long on blocker finger stalls. So much so that when I ordered a set of custom - I asked for an intermediate palm on just the blocker. There is of course a bit of variation glove to glove (even amongst the same brand/models) which is why I try to find off the shelf stuff that works. Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

For my hand:

CCM in blockers is shortest on fingers, Bauer comes close by but just fits. Vaughn goes pretty well. Brians I only have older ones but those are really short on fingers. Width is enough on every one of mentioned.

On catchers I haven't had any problems with my long fingers, all brands and model have fitted to my hand. I might be that some brands don't work really well by closure if you have shorter fingers or smaller hand. That is something I can't evaluate myself.

And for reference I use size 11 / XL on working gloves solely because I can't fit my fingers in smaller sizes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Hey everyone, I’m ordering my first set of senior stuff soon, but I’m a bit nervous about the glove fitting. At the store I work at we really only have Brian’s CCM and some warrior. The CCM gloves fit wayyyy bigger than the Brian’s, but I am probably ordering a Bauer, so does anyone know how the sizing compares? @TheGoalNet I know you have reviewed both in depth would really love to hear what you think.

Are you talking about palm size or size of the overall equipment?

If the latter, as @chile57 mentioned, all senior size is going to max out at NHL regs (8x15" for the blocker, 45" perimeter for the glove).

I'd recommend using the manufacturer sizing guidelines if the former.  Most brands you measure from the tip of the middle finger to the base of the palm.

20 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Are you talking about palm size or size of the overall equipment?

If the latter, as @chile57 mentioned, all senior size is going to max out at NHL regs (8x15" for the blocker, 45" perimeter for the glove).

I'd recommend using the manufacturer sizing guidelines if the former.  Most brands you measure from the tip of the middle finger to the base of the palm.

I guess I’m talking palm size. Where I work we have gnetik 5 pros and axis pros. I can close the brians easily, my hand feels like it is right at the break where it should be, but the ccm feels way to big. I would hate to order a hyperlite glove and have it not fit

58 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I guess I’m talking palm size. Where I work we have gnetik 5 pros and axis pros. I can close the brians easily, my hand feels like it is right at the break where it should be, but the ccm feels way to big. I would hate to order a hyperlite glove and have it not fit

At that rate - for what things are worth - this sounds a lot more like a break question as opposed to a size question. Sizes will be fairly consistent (meaning minimal variation amongst senior sizes). Minimal in that if it were me - would not be the deciding factor amongst gloves. Breaks will of course NOT be (as you well know) not only from brand to brand/model to model but even glove to glove. Speaks to my earlier point about trying things on in store as much as you can. I can recall loving my off the shelf Brian's Zero G glove. So much so that I ordered up a custom one... that closed/felt absolutely nothing like the off the shelf one (almost had the dreaded "bump" in the break that I've noticed talked about by "others"). Same thing happened on a Reebok glove prior to the Brian's. Good luck/happy hunting.

Edited by chile57
  • Like 1