Very deep cut

For a second I thought this was in regards to a pad cut.

Chances are they didn't give you stitches as it wasn't that deep and it was on an area that moves too much. Sitting out a bit would be the wisest decision.

But then again, it doesn't sound like your finger is in any serious jeopardy, so it's pretty much up to your discretion.

• Like 2

Since you're asking - if it were me - I'd cover it up and play. Sounds like its more of an annoyance/pain management thing rather than a worry your finger gets so infected it falls off type thing. Have gone this route quite a few times - can always neosporin/bandage up and/or cover it with a throw away rubber glove too.

... that said - @coopaloop1234 and @bunnyman666 aren't wrong - safety is never a bad option.

Edited by chile57
  • Like 1

Hey guys thank you,  really appreciate all the replies. In my mind it seems like kind of a wussy thing to ask about but man the slightest touch to the cut is like touching a raw nerve. I don't think I I'll be playing for a bit. Thanks. 

Always think about or remember safety. Be conscious of what you're doing working with your hands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Hey guys thank you,  really appreciate all the replies. In my mind it seems like kind of a wussy thing to ask about but man the slightest touch to the cut is like touching a raw nerve. I don't think I I'll be playing for a bit. Thanks. 

Always think about or remember safety. Be conscious of what you're doing working with your hands. 

I severed a few nerves in a kitchen accident years back and didn’t realise how badly I had been cut. Let’s just say that I was having trouble with holding the stick and stick taps from under the stick I could NOT control LOL. Let the nerves and finger heal!

• Like 1

back in late 2014 or early 2015 (can't remember), I managed to cut the base of my thumb down to the bone on my catching (left) hand. I had practice a few days later after I had it sewn back together. I wouldn't recommend doing this, as you may run the risk of pulling out stitches if you have them, but what I did was padded the area around the stitches and taped it up and it worked fine. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Scythe said:

So - this begs the question - how'd you manage to cut it? I know I've got plenty of boneheaded stories - the one that most often comes to mind was when me and a buddy were laying hardwood flooring that we were cutting with a chop saw... atop a makeshift visqueen sheeting covered dresser... which basically made it a glorified slip and slide. All was fine... until it slipped on my buddy and he basically pureed the better part of two of his fingers on one hand. NOT one of our finer, more intelligent moments for sure. 

• Like 1

Well the story is I was using a hand saw in my right hand while holding the Christmas tree with my left. I was standing and had the teeth of the saw pointed towards my left hand. The saw jumped out of the tree into my finger 🙄

I just wanted the trunk of the tree for the fireplace. The pine gives off subtle cracks and pops that's kind of nice to hear. I wouldn't recommend putting the branches into the fireplace. When they ignite they really go up fast. 

Thanks. 

• Sad 1