Double Tee Gives up Goal on Bauer Vapor 1X OD1N Glove

Awgoalie164

After a slapshot from between the blue line the puck ripped through the back of the double tee on the glove right into the back of the net. This is not something you see very often from any glove. I have taken countless slapshots like this right to the tee of my glove and the only fatigue I’ve noticed from it is loosening of the string that connects it to the rest of the glove. Because this is a double tee is is possible that it was more likely to fail in connection because the tee is not as think as a single tee? How do you think this happened? Is it just something that happens to Bauer double tees or all double tees on all glove brands?

B5DBCCA9-628A-49A3-A4F6-FA822791B6BA.png

I'd wager it's because he plays for Dinamo Riga. They stink lol.

All kidding aside, appears as if it was faulty stitching/cords. Perhaps it was damaged on a previous play during the game and that just did it in? Like a skate stepped on it during a scramble, or even another hard shot weakened it.

5 hours ago, Big2 said:

Can't see the issue properly but it there a tear in the glove?

My son had this happen on his Passeau glove - the laces where slightly too loose, just needed to be tightened!

Ya I always go through and check all of the strings on my glove before a game at least and sometimes before practices to avoid it coming undone in all. 

Archived