Remove tailbone padding?

bunnyman666

What’s up with that? Just because Price has done it doesn’t mean we all should, or should we? 

This seems to be contrary to every bit of common sense; however- my Warrior Ritual Pros don’t seem to have much in the means of tailbone protection, as there is just padding and no plastic like other breezers. I am just scared to death that some freak accident could render me with a broken tailbone. 

For those of you who have done this: Why? Please explain why you have done this and still feel safe. I need to know...

Convince me that you will not end up with a broken tailbone if you did this...

If it's not actively hindering your play, why remove it? Can't really see any benefit to not having it there. Weight? So small that it wouldn't be noticed. Heat? It's more free floating than it is tight, so no heat retention. I don't get it, but am not removing mine. TBH, never even thought about it till I seen this post.

Mine interferes with my suspenders and fighting strap. I figured it would decrease the interference. 

If you look at all the new pants coming to the market, they are designed with more flexible hips for the RVH position. I believe this could be an easy DIY mod to accomplish the same but keep my pants I am otherwise happy with. 

I also don't understand the point of a giant tailbone pad on goalie pants, so I don't think I'll lose much by removing it. 

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Mine interferes with my suspenders and fighting strap. I figured it would decrease the interference. 

If you look at all the new pants coming to the market, they are designed with more flexible hips for the RVH position. I believe this could be an easy DIY mod to accomplish the same but keep my pants I am otherwise happy with. 

I also don't understand the point of a giant tailbone pad on goalie pants, so I don't think I'll lose much by removing it. 

Have you ever been run? It happens to me seemingly once every other month. Thankfully, I have avoided injury, but I fear that I could have a broken tailbone if the pad wasn’t there...

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

Have you ever been run? It happens to me seemingly once every other month. Thankfully, I have avoided injury, but I fear that I could have a broken tailbone if the pad wasn’t there...

I have, but not all that often. I also feel like with how high my pants are and tucking my C&A in, I am padded back there. 

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

That flap the pops up above the belt. not the internal padding. 

On some breezers, that could easily be removed; on others, that flap would be integral to the inner bum padding. Maybe if my back plate were longer, I would be okay removing that. Again- I want all the protection possible.

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

On the CCM pants, it would be very easy to remove and would not effect any other pads 

On Vaughn, it can’t be done without major surgery. On Warrior, it would be pretty easy. 

We should probably call that the spine padding rather than tailbone padding, no?

27 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

On Vaughn, it can’t be done without major surgery. On Warrior, it would be pretty easy. 

We should probably call that the spine padding rather than tailbone padding, no?

Definitely.

I thought you guys were talking about the internal padding that saves your ass from breaking. I was honestly really confused why anyone would want to remove that...

Archived