Unconventional Use of Bauer Professor Strap

Punisher Goalie

Sharing a quick mod/idea that I tried and am very pleased with.

I was looking to add a rigid nylon strap behind the knee on my retail stock Ultrasonic pads (similar to the set up on Warrior pads). I was going to sew my own, but realized that the included professor strap works perfectly with the attachment points available in the knee cradle.

I just removed the 2” elastic and replaced it with the professor strap, running it down to the lower attachment point. Worked perfectly and is very similar to the feel on my G5s - exactly what I was going for.

1A8391D5-6B2D-433C-BFA9-CACD7C328879.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Sharing a quick mod/idea that I tried and am very pleased with.

I was looking to add a rigid nylon strap behind the knee on my retail stock Ultrasonic pads (similar to the set up on Warrior pads). I was going to sew my own, but realized that the included professor strap works perfectly with the attachment points available in the knee cradle.

I just removed the 2” elastic and replaced it with the professor strap, running it down to the lower attachment point. Worked perfectly and is very similar to the feel on my G5s - exactly what I was going for.

1A8391D5-6B2D-433C-BFA9-CACD7C328879.jpeg

How is a professor strap locking in the knee block going to help? Is that because the professor strap can be done tighter than a standard knee strap?

6 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

How is a professor strap locking in the knee block going to help? Is that because the professor strap can be done tighter than a standard knee strap?

No, for me I just wanted a rigid (non-elastic) strap instead of the stock elastic. It just so happens that the included professor strap can be repurposed for this. This is basically what I would have built for myself if I had to make it from scratch, so I got lucky!

I continue to wonder how these behind knee straps can work when you drop down to butterfly. You have the outer connection point at about where I would imagine your thigh to be located. With original elastic strap there is, well, elasticity but with this mod you don't have that either to help. 

Not saying this to attack you Punisher Goalie but more in general. And I'm not telling it absolutely cannot work, just wondering how it can work out.

I might even try it myself but for some reason I don't own any pads with outer knee flap. 🤔

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 2:24 PM, ArdeFIN said:

I continue to wonder how these behind knee straps can work when you drop down to butterfly. You have the outer connection point at about where I would imagine your thigh to be located. With original elastic strap there is, well, elasticity but with this mod you don't have that either to help. 

Not saying this to attack you Punisher Goalie but more in general. And I'm not telling it absolutely cannot work, just wondering how it can work out.

I might even try it myself but for some reason I don't own any pads with outer knee flap. 🤔

Yeah, no worries this is a personal preference thing. I really couldn't explain the science of it, I just know that I prefer the feel of a rigid strap behind the knee over elastic. As I mentioned, this is coming from Ritual pads which have had an integrated elastic and rigid webbing strap at the knee going back at least to the G3 line. 

I don't wear it tight to the back of the knee though. I have a tight toe with the ProLaces, medium tightness to the calf with the TuneFit strap, and the loose strap behind the knee. While I can't say for sure, I think the strap behind the knee basically serves as an emergency stop to keep my knee from coming off the block in a scramble. With the StabiliSlide knee in the Ultrasonics, I don't think any knee strap is really necessary except for this function.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2022 at 5:33 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

No, for me I just wanted a rigid (non-elastic) strap instead of the stock elastic. It just so happens that the included professor strap can be repurposed for this. This is basically what I would have built for myself if I had to make it from scratch, so I got lucky!

Almost like leather, hmmm