Resilient Goalie Foams

wvuviv30

I just redid my mask with their dual density poron kit.  The padding is super comfortable, but I would recommend to proceed with caution with that particular foam kit because the poron is a very fragile foam and the velcro for the sweatband has already ripped it up in a few corners.  As far as the company, they are extremely helpful and the finish of the kit is excellent.  I don't think that you can go wrong with them and when I refurbish my other masks, I'll be using them again for sure.

• 1 month later...

If anyone is thinking of replacing the foam in a Bauer mask, I found a supplier for the backing material that glues to the foam and holds the threaded post nuts in place.  Its called bag stiffener and it available at Sewing Supply Depot in Toronto https://sewingsupplydepot.com/search?q=Bag+stiffener+ 

I’m going to replace the foam in my 960 soon using this material and the ST -N foam from Resilient. 

Here’s a link for the threaded post nuts https://www.ebay.ca/itm/264604623232?hash=item3d9baa2180:g:H3UAAOSwZi5eJOVg&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoImxj9dqOVv5ayUpmR9vpkhp8JZl9aLCR6ruL4AG8PfgZdM95ELstYMao3kiw5Avu2hIQ8nfAMAcaDZtRF9PYApG3USew0CzZqcPYTkD%2F%2F8hmBDr3P6P2Z3qKdzchS%2BxFf0OmubIdGgcGxXRezIPbTEsF5qiRty%2B%2BO4h3zwmgZtGuBuKzUEuxcfrgzrEIpiLLY6LXoZDhsiqWl4ZYDM0WbA%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR879--X5YA

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ross said:

If anyone is thinking of replacing the foam in a Bauer mask, I found a supplier for the backing material that glues to the foam and holds the threaded post nuts in place.  Its called bag stiffener and it available at Sewing Supply Depot in Toronto https://sewingsupplydepot.com/search?q=Bag+stiffener+ 

I’m going to replace the foam in my 960 soon using this material and the ST -N foam from Resilient. 

Here’s a link for the threaded post nuts https://www.ebay.ca/itm/264604623232?hash=item3d9baa2180:g:H3UAAOSwZi5eJOVg&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoImxj9dqOVv5ayUpmR9vpkhp8JZl9aLCR6ruL4AG8PfgZdM95ELstYMao3kiw5Avu2hIQ8nfAMAcaDZtRF9PYApG3USew0CzZqcPYTkD%2F%2F8hmBDr3P6P2Z3qKdzchS%2BxFf0OmubIdGgcGxXRezIPbTEsF5qiRty%2B%2BO4h3zwmgZtGuBuKzUEuxcfrgzrEIpiLLY6LXoZDhsiqWl4ZYDM0WbA%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR879--X5YA

Interesting, the foam in my VTX is still in good shape but I'll probably re-pad it sometime in '23, let us know how you make out with it.

• 9 months later...
On 11/16/2022 at 8:59 PM, Ross said:

@Ross did you ever change out the foam in yours and use the bag stiffener?

@jerd31 yes I did replace my foam using the method I posted BUT soon after I suffered 2 concussions due to pucks to the mask. Then after 6 weeks off ( had treatment during this time) I felt better so came back and played one game and took a knee to the head and was out for another 2 months with another concussion.  During this time off  I took the Resilient foam out of my mask and and laid it out next to the stock 960 foam and dropped pucks on them from about 3 feet above. When the pucks hit the Resilient foam they bounced back up about 18”. When the pucks hit the stock 960 foam they didn’t bounce at all. So what I figured was the resilient foam was transferring the impact from the pucks and knee to my head whereas the stock 960 foam was absorbing the impacts and minimizing the force delivered to my head. So I cleaned up the stock foam and put it back in my mask and have played for several months since and taken lots of shots off the mask with no issues whatsoever. 
   Note that my 960 is relatively new, I bought it in late 2021. The reason that I wanted to replace the stock foam was because I was getting tired of having to squish out my sweat from the foam after every game.

So in hindsight I wish I didn’t replace the foam and in the future I will do as my wife originally told me and just buy a new mask rather than refoaming.

Obivously this is just my case, I’ve read lots of positive reviews about people using resilient foam, so I appear to be the odd one.

10 hours ago, Ross said:

@jerd31 yes I did replace my foam using the method I posted BUT soon after I suffered 2 concussions due to pucks to the mask. Then after 6 weeks off ( had treatment during this time) I felt better so came back and played one game and took a knee to the head and was out for another 2 months with another concussion.  During this time off  I took the Resilient foam out of my mask and and laid it out next to the stock 960 foam and dropped pucks on them from about 3 feet above. When the pucks hit the Resilient foam they bounced back up about 18”. When the pucks hit the stock 960 foam they didn’t bounce at all. So what I figured was the resilient foam was transferring the impact from the pucks and knee to my head whereas the stock 960 foam was absorbing the impacts and minimizing the force delivered to my head. So I cleaned up the stock foam and put it back in my mask and have played for several months since and taken lots of shots off the mask with no issues whatsoever. 
   Note that my 960 is relatively new, I bought it in late 2021. The reason that I wanted to replace the stock foam was because I was getting tired of having to squish out my sweat from the foam after every game.

So in hindsight I wish I didn’t replace the foam and in the future I will do as my wife originally told me and just buy a new mask rather than refoaming.

Obivously this is just my case, I’ve read lots of positive reviews about people using resilient foam, so I appear to be the odd one.

What foam type did you use from them? 
Thanks in advance