Where is the Best Place to Buy True Goalie Gear?

MTNSELECT

A Canadian dealer is probably a good idea but go you think that like goalie monkey would work?

7 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

If you're in the US, maybe a Canadian retailer to take advantage of the exchange rate.

Otherwise, whichever retailer has availability and/or provides the best customer service re: ordering, advice about specs, etc.

21 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

If you're in the US, maybe a Canadian retailer to take advantage of the exchange rate.

Otherwise, whichever retailer has availability and/or provides the best customer service re: ordering, advice about specs, etc.

For anyone counting

$3449 CAD shipped for my 20.2 placed last year, after conversion (assuming today's rate): $2599 to my door
$2897 USD today on GoalieMonkey for 12.2 + sales tax (assuming 8% here in California): $3128.76, still need to add shipping

Pair this with a new credit card intro offer that gives you $x back on $y spent for further savings, ie:

image.png.401627d4a9def059fa8bc6cea758b382.png

If buying from Canada, keep note if the card you sign up for has foreign transaction fees.

22 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

This is true but you end up paying almost the same thing because the shipping is so expensive

2 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

This is true but you end up paying almost the same thing because the shipping is so expensive

My Gnetik V set was ~$2400 USD shipped from TGC in Canada, that includes a couple upcharges and shipping to the US. A stock set from Goalie Monkey would be over $3k USD.  

Edited by jerd31

23 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Not really

Shipping from The Goal Crease ran me $50 for a full set

22 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

If it's under $100 it's on a discount. 

21 hours ago, jerd31 said:

My Gnetik V set was ~$2400 USD shipped from TGC in Canada, that includes a couple upcharges and shipping to the US. A stock set from Goalie Monkey would be over $3k USD.  

Wow. Everytime I’ve got something from Canada the shipping has made up for the price difference. I’ve only ever ordered sticks though and a chest protector once

10 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Wow. Everytime I’ve got something from Canada the shipping has made up for the price difference. I’ve only ever ordered sticks though and a chest protector once

The more expensive the order, the more you save on the exchange rate, which means the shipping rate cuts less into those savings.

On 11/12/2022 at 1:03 PM, jerd31 said:

This is my cost breakdown of my GNetikV set (two gloves, two blockers, second blocker came later since it needed to be fixed):

image.png.31ff1beaf71de13953a1d6b7e7e0f9c5.png

image.png.ee421e3fa605f92f1b7f18a4c7a6aabc.png

From my quote (in CAD):

image.png.18730ef48906f15df85f28140dd16553.png

I sure do hope this isn't violating any of their policies, I think it's pretty interesting. The second blocker got discounted due to Brian's making a mistake then taking nearly double the quoted cycle time to fix it. I assume they were rather busy at the time because I still got everything faster than I frankly should have given the lead times showing on their website back when.

Edited by keeperton