Warrior Ritual Knee pad mod

Ross

Really like my Warrior knee pads but found that the upper sections of the knee pads would slide down easily. Don’t like using tape or lacing them in so modified them by passing the lower calf section back through the strip of elastic webbing that’s visible on the inner calf section at the top. You have to scrunch up the lower section to pass it through the elastic. Once done the elastic is now on the outer side of the calf section and it prevents the upper sections from sliding down. Now they stay in place without any tape or lacing. The first picture shows the way the came. The next 2 show after the mod.

528FF87E-6EBB-482F-9A90-637F04028829.jpeg

2E86F766-B5CA-4A71-83E3-6DE9CEE0D7BE.jpeg

5C4F8912-E6BE-4FB2-86DB-60C9C0105F83.jpeg

Here’s a better picture showing what it looks like after. Note that the elastic at the top of the calf section isn’t just tucked behind the knee flap it’s now on the other side of the elastic that joins the calf section to the knee section.

0847FC04-5615-4639-906B-59A42A7BAD65.jpeg

I did this on mine. Felt a little more solid, but they still moved down on me. 

I did my own additional mod of sewing in an extra velcro patch in the middle of the top-most strap, so that I can sandwich it between the velcro sock holder tabs on my compression pants. Holds perfectly in place now. 

I have a similar setup yeah, but I also sewed velcro onto the elastic strap that wraps around the back of your leg. So it sandwiches through the tab on the back of your leg. 

The combination of the front anchors on the front and back keep thing pad locked onto your leg, with the added benefit that you're not attached to anything external from the leg (like a hip garter belt or pants)

Archived