Bauer 2024 - Shadow

ZeroGravitas

16 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

It's still a little annoying for me. Doesn't ruin the blocker, just a slight irritation.

Definitely feels like a change for the sake of it, and not for any real tangible benefit. 

Supreme blockers have been find for finger protection in the past. 

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Definitely feels like a change for the sake of it, and not for any real tangible benefit. 

Supreme blockers have been find for finger protection in the past. 

I agree. I don't think people were clamoring for more sidewall coverage, either.

2 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

Haven’t worn my set yet, I really want to take the time to shape the glove as best I can.

Held a stick and it felt great for me. Seems like there is a little interference because you loose the flexibility of the Mach protection.

The thumb piece is the Vapor thumb, so it’s not as angled towards the palm and not as flexible as the Old Supreme thumb. This is something I did not pick up on in my Mach Vs Shadow thread.

If you’re unsure about it, Go in store and try the blocker with a stick and see how it feels!

I've tried the mach on in store it felt good a little interference but not bad. I want the new back hand over the mach just wasn't sure about the side wall, but if you said it feels good then I'll probably just do the shadow.  But the closest store to me that has goalie gear is three plus hours away so I can't really try on a shadow easily. 

I would get a vapor because thats what I've always had but when I tried the hyperlite2 on it felt horrible so not doing that.

1 minute ago, Hockey34 said:

I've tried the mach on in store it felt good a little interference but not bad. I want the new back hand over the mach just wasn't sure about the side wall, but if you said it feels good then I'll probably just do the shadow.  But the closest store to me that has goalie gear is three plus hours away so I can't really try on a shadow easily. 

I would get a vapor because thats what I've always had but when I tried the hyperlite2 on it felt horrible so not doing that.

On 5/26/2024 at 3:30 PM, maxtm30 said:

Here is a like to my full deep dive: 

Yes it’s shorter! You can check the blocker section in there for pictures comparing Mach and Shadow.

The backhand pillow feels pretty much exactly like the Hyperlite2!

• Like 1

Just now, maxtm30 said:

Yes it’s shorter! You can check the blocker section in there for pictures comparing Mach and Shadow.

The backhand pillow feels pretty much exactly like the Hyperlite2!

The back hand on the hyperlite2 felt good it's just the cuff felt horrible 

• Like 1

For you guys already using the shadow pads, i know they changed the stiffness to be more like the US is the shape/profile of the pad more curved like the US/M5's or still as straight as the Mach? Pictures make them look like they have a little bit more curve to them but then some look pretty straight. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 11:02 AM, xmikex32 said:

For you guys already using the shadow pads, i know they changed the stiffness to be more like the US is the shape/profile of the pad more curved like the US/M5's or still as straight as the Mach? Pictures make them look like they have a little bit more curve to them but then some look pretty straight. 

I had a flex 4/stiff UltraSonic before my stock Mach and now my stiff Shadow. The Shadows are as straight as my Mach, the UltraSonic had a more pronounced angle at the knee break. Pretty sure this applies to the stock shape too but I could be wrong!

On 6/3/2024 at 1:17 PM, Hockey34 said:

I wish they would stiffen up the sidewall on the Vapor 2-piece (1X style) blocker. Then it would be perfect.