Bauer 2024 - Shadow

ZeroGravitas

17 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Does anyone have any images of the differences between all the wrist strap options for the Shadow catcher?

Capture.thumb.JPG.3f1cb8de5c32162f04aa570ba6d22e82.JPG

I assume it is as follows:

Mach rom : exactly like Mach (what I ordered)

Mach with wrist : what you got on Mach when you added the wrist strap.

Shadow: similar wrist strap to HL2 with a rom strap (assuming from what is written in the catalog)

On 4/12/2024 at 12:04 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Ordered 2/28, received 4/10, so 6 weeks on the dot. Wait time is probably longer now because custom orders opened up for retail.

That's insanely fast.   As others have said, beautiful set.   I'm interested in how (if at all) the new toe ties affect things. 

1 hour ago, maxtm30 said:

I assume it is as follows:

Mach rom : exactly like Mach (what I ordered)

Mach with wrist : what you got on Mach when you added the wrist strap.

Shadow: similar wrist strap to HL2 with a rom strap (assuming from what is written in the catalog)

That's mostly what I was assuming aside from not knowing exactly what the Shadow spec is. 

From what I understood prior to release, the new wrist strap was supposedly super thinner than Bauer's typical offering they've had forever. 

I didn't mind the Mach, it was just the ROM wasn't a great rendition of a wristless glove strapping. CCM did it better, and Warrior is still the king in that regard. 

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's mostly what I was assuming aside from not knowing exactly what the Shadow spec is. 

From what I understood prior to release, the new wrist strap was supposedly super thinner than Bauer's typical offering they've had forever. 

I didn't mind the Mach, it was just the ROM wasn't a great rendition of a wristless glove strapping. CCM did it better, and Warrior is still the king in that regard. 

Shadow ROM is just what's in GSX. Mach ROM is ROM with a floating wrist strap iirc and Shadow ROM is the two pieces together like a normal glove. 

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

That's insanely fast.   As others have said, beautiful set.   I'm interested in how (if at all) the new toe ties affect things. 

I don't think it's going to affect anything. It's all bungee - including the part that is underneath the Y-shaped leather cover. I assumed it was going to be something non-elastic.

16 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Shadow ROM is just what's in GSX. Mach ROM is ROM with a floating wrist strap iirc and Shadow ROM is the two pieces together like a normal glove. 

The internals on a GSX look like what was in the Mach + their typical wrist strap. 

I'm still confused. lol 

1 hour ago, maxtm30 said:

image.thumb.png.a28bcd219a4b44d87091e58b05ec977f.pngClearest view we have of the stock option thus far.

Yea, and the ROM and wrist strap look different than the Mach ROM with wrist strap. 

I know I'll get what I'm after eventually as more people get their hands on this. I'm just fucking impatient. 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, and the ROM and wrist strap look different than the Mach ROM with wrist strap. 

I know I'll get what I'm after eventually as more people get their hands on this. I'm just fucking impatient. 

As seen on GSX

20240417_165610.thumb.jpg.40e0c5fd6c797486da40a307b1bb47d0.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

And that's one piece? 

The wrist and rom strap are on the same piece of mesh so yup. And that's what'll be on shadow. It's high enough on the wrist that you still get great wrist mobility. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So it looks almost like they did a horizontal strap to the lower ROM attachment point on the Mach. 

@seagoal was first lol 

Yup. 

Played in it last night and the grip on the internals made a difference. It's an improvement over the Mach, but I still prefer Warrior's implementation.