Bauer 2024 - Shadow

ZeroGravitas

27 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

He's making up for my lack of color this time around

@Hockey34 those all look sick but make sure it's Kelly green not forest green

Probably won’t order for a while because of you know $$ but thought I’d ask so that I know for when I do get the money to order them. 
Kelly green not forest green? These are all forest green. 

On 3/15/2024 at 6:37 PM, Hockey34 said:

Which one do you guys like the best?

IMG_0144.thumb.jpeg.014df373d4c4e0a2ffe934318efeef3a.jpegIMG_0148.thumb.jpeg.ae2a48603b00d4fd5956d1bbb547b69a.jpegIMG_0147.thumb.jpeg.69db9ab9d80cf7cdcbedb85b955750ed.jpeg

1 is definitely the best. Toss up between 2 and 3. I think 3 edges out 2.

3 hours ago, RecoveringGoalie1 said:

Biggest question I have, as I own a pair of Mach's, is whether the sliding/skin has improved in this generation? Still a tad disappointed on the Mach's vs HL's as they felt like a step back on that front. Otherwise don't see any real changes made to justify the upgrade unless I'm missing something.

3 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

The skin is slider 2.0, I heard HL2 were better sliding than Mach, correct me if I’m wrong @ZeroGravitas

I do think my HL2 slide better than my Mach. But both are the Slider skin so I'm not sure as to why one slides better than the one, but I have a theory related to a possible quality issue.

2 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

Probably won’t order for a while because of you know $$ but thought I’d ask so that I know for when I do get the money to order them. 
Kelly green not forest green? These are all forest green. 

Kelly green is like the stars green you guys have. Forest green is more like Minnesota green

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

Is Jake using forest green or does he get a custom green that we can’t get? Because Murray’s look brighter 

IMG_0168.jpeg.d7555a5303b16cb22b80adb5f4660f60.jpegIMG_0171.thumb.jpeg.1826fd9fa6cc6c78ef6ddf033d19f757.jpeg

Mur uses Kelly green. I think that pic of oettinger has some weird contrast going on. Either that or it took Bauer awhile to figure out how to make kelly green

ubngnehfonofmol201s0.thumb.jpg.55ef0df3bd62016a09de516d47021c99.jpg

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

Is Jake using forest green or does he get a custom green that we can’t get? Because Murray’s look brighter

I can't answer the above questions for certain, but the Bauer customizer does have a new green this year, called Victory Green. The PDF makes it ever-so-slightly better than Kelly Green, I don't see it on the customizer. All the other new colors seem to be present (Coyote Red, Desert Sand, Ducks Purple, Retro Tan).

However, the first lines here - https://www.texasstars.com/news/detail/texas-stars-unveil-new-logos-and-colors says that the Stars do use Victory Green. So it sounds like that's what you're looking for?

Edited by ZeroGravitas

3 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I can't answer the above questions for certain, but the Bauer customizer does have a new green this year, called Victory Green. The PDF makes it ever-so-slightly better than Kelly Green, I don't see it on the customizer. All the other new colors seem to be present (Coyote Red, Desert Sand, Ducks Purple, Retro Tan).

However, the first lines here - https://www.texasstars.com/news/detail/texas-stars-unveil-new-logos-and-colors says that the Stars do use Victory Green. So it sounds like that's what you're looking for?

I know the jerseys are victory green but I was trying to figure out what they use on there pads

On 3/14/2024 at 8:18 AM, maxtm30 said:

Do you know what the traditional VS shadow backhand pillow is for the blocker, only spec I’m iffy on at the moment.

So, from what I've been told, changing the backhand changes the sideboard. Essentially, if you select the Mach backhand, you'll get something very close to, if not the same, as the Mach blocker. Leaving it stock gets you a Shadow blocker.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ZeroGravitas said:

So, from what I've been told, changing the backhand changes the sideboard. Essentially, if you select the Mach backhand, you'll get something very close to, if not the same, as the Mach blocker. Leaving it stock gets you a Shadow blocker.

Does this also change the palm material, have you tried the new blocker yet? Is the pillow as comfy as the old one?

1 minute ago, maxtm30 said:

Does this also change the palm material, have you tried the new blocker yet? Is the pillow as comfy as the old one?

Have not seen it in person yet. I do not believe it changes the palm material - just the sidewall, but I can ask.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 12:39 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Have not seen it in person yet. I do not believe it changes the palm material - just the sidewall, but I can ask.

I talked with the Rep I know since my days at a store. The new pillow is thinner and shorter (doesn’t go as high up on the wrist). Still not sure what option I’ll go with, but I will likely order on Friday the 22nd.

On one hand I want to test the new sidewall, but I also like my thick pillow on the backhand. We’ll see what I end up doing. I post my specs once I order. I also intend to post a decent Mach VS Shadow thread, even though my specs are similar on both sets.

As promised, here is my order:

image.thumb.jpeg.820c65b7e59fece7ead5e5122372f76e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c33624f86a5428be8489902fdc9f9b7d.jpeg

I am going with the stock option for the back hand pillow. 

The pads & gloves are basically Mach, as I love my set and my current specs. I will make a Mach Vs Shadow thread once I get my set to go over potential build differences and all.

Cheers!

Edited by maxtm30
Removed extra image
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I wasn't expecting these for another month...

20240410_163832.thumb.jpg.992e47a2d1978352bed73021f2fc63bf.jpg

Specs as follows:

Leg pads

• Stock stiffness (Mid)
  • Hyperlite2 soft boot flex (Thick profile)
  • Stabilislide knee
  • No grip knee
  • Adjustable knee wing
  • No calf bracket
  • Supreme toe bridge
  • Pro elastic toe system (Offset)

Catcher

• Vapor 90
  • Pro Palm
  • Double Tee (not reinforced this time)
  • HL2 catch grip
  • Add 3mm DCT foam to thumb area

Blocker

• Shadow backhand
  • Add thumb pillow
Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

20240410_182552.thumb.jpg.bc365b02398e55745842896058735bff.jpg20240410_182559.thumb.jpg.17bb090d32db665a7faf1ffbe76fc6b9.jpg20240410_182604.thumb.jpg.4ea71f11941e71c82e5975a29390ebe6.jpg20240410_182630.thumb.jpg.1cf9cf2227360ce5bef9b31b1d404218.jpg

20240410_182700.thumb.jpg.08c44e7d774a4a62e43b69817545db3e.jpg20240410_182722.thumb.jpg.6d51e78bd65cb9cbad32b7842c38af6e.jpg20240410_182733.thumb.jpg.42ad2dfd885fc77e2d10dc41da0703dc.jpg

Note the curved calf pillow and curved calf wedge
Catcher is a Vapor90

Calf pillow looks much better than what I had on Mach. That calf plate however… I think we need to thank the calf brackets!

2 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

Calf pillow looks much better than what I had on Mach. That calf plate however… I think we need to thank the calf brackets!

Calf plate looks close to the pro custom or ultrasonic version and not that wierd retail Mach version. 

Also looks to be more loop velcro surface area for the calf attachment than Mach, not sure if hyperlite 2 was like this too? 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Calf plate looks close to the pro custom or ultrasonic version and not that wierd retail Mach version. 

Also looks to be more loop velcro surface area for the calf attachment than Mach, not sure if hyperlite 2 was like this too? 

The velcro attachment point for the TuneFit+ does seem to come down just a little bit further. Glad they did this because I thought the Mach version was a little too small/high up for me.

3 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

I skipped out on the calf bracket this time. Otherwise, pretty close to stock.3

Edited original post with full set with specs.

Edited by ZeroGravitas

21 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

The velcro attachment point for the TuneFit+ does seem to come down just a little bit further. Glad they did this because I thought the Mach version was a little too small/high up for me.

I skipped out on the calf bracket this time. Otherwise, pretty close to stock.3

Edited original post with full set with specs.

Is the tune fit + strap attachment point lower overall or is the velcro tab just larger?

On 4/10/2024 at 8:56 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

I wasn't expecting these for another month...

20240410_163832.thumb.jpg.992e47a2d1978352bed73021f2fc63bf.jpg

Specs as follows:

Leg pads

• Stock stiffness (Mid)
  • Hyperlite2 soft boot flex (Thick profile)
  • Stabilislide knee
  • No grip knee
  • Adjustable knee wing
  • No calf bracket
  • Supreme toe bridge
  • Pro elastic toe system (Offset)

Catcher

• Vapor 90
  • Pro Palm
  • Double Tee (not reinforced this time)
  • HL2 catch grip
  • Add 3mm DCT foam to thumb area

Blocker

• Shadow backhand
  • Add thumb pillow

That set looks awesome! When did you order it? I placed mine a few weeks ago and it's encouraging to hear you got yours early. I think it was initially saying 6-8 weeks when I ordered.

5 minutes ago, kmccann1223 said:

That set looks awesome! When did you order it? I placed mine a few weeks ago and it's encouraging to hear you got yours early. I think it was initially saying 6-8 weeks when I ordered.

Ordered 2/28, received 4/10, so 6 weeks on the dot. Wait time is probably longer now because custom orders opened up for retail.

• Like 1