Most Interesting Pad for 2017-2018

TheGoalNet

Most Interesting Pad for 2017-2018  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What pending release are you most interested in?

• Vapor 1X
    • Ritual GT
    • Brian's Heritage or Fall 2018 Pad
    • Ventus SLR
    • EF3

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Definitely going GT here, although I am interested in all of them. I am going to need a replacement for my Vaughn V2s at some point and these have me intrigued. I am also interested in the Brian's GN3tik 8.0, which weren't on the list.

Fair enough. I was limiting this to pro level gear. 

Though my interest only is limited to 100% small bespoke maker for purchase, I am interested in Warrior's (reportedly) trend bucking pad and reading real reviews about it. Of course you never know if there will be ground breaking features or just a new graphic package on the same old pad from the other manufacturers. There may be some crazy, well hidden, water shed feature that changes the industry from the others. It's just for me- Warrior's new offering is most anticipated. 

I'm definitely going with the GT as well.  After giving up my G3's simply because they were just too stiff and boxy to move in, I'm curious to see if they can pack that performance into a softer pad.  The G3's rotated, sealed and slid better than anything else I've ever worn, but I need to be able to move on my skates without developing shin splints.

34 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

I'm definitely going with the GT as well.  After giving up my G3's simply because they were just too stiff and boxy to move in, I'm curious to see if they can pack that performance into a softer pad.  The G3's rotated, sealed and slid better than anything else I've ever worn, but I need to be able to move on my skates without developing shin splints.

I loved my G1 pros. Reasonably soft, but still boxy enough to seal well. Huge rebounds, as well. The only bummer is how the tabletop boot compresses after while. Never played in the other Warrior pads.

1 hour ago, jayluv54 said:

I had that issue with my G2 Pros, took out the inner calf pillow and the issue went away. But unfortunately that feature was removed for the G3s but the pillow itself was considerably smaller.

As for the most interesting for this generations... I think this is a poor year for pads unless the Subzero 4 does something radical. I say poor because it seems like there are not huge changes this year and everything is a tweak or upgrade.

For example:

Bauer Supreme NXG -> Bauer Supreme 1S was a huge change with printed graphics, new pad material, lack of customization. 1X isn't a big change there.
Ritual G3 and GT seem to be slight tweaks to an already established design. GT is supposed to be a different pad internally but I don't see it as anything game changing (it is still on the top of my list for purchasing though).
SZ4 we have no info.
Vaughn SLR seems to be a pretty big jump in tech compared to the previous Ventus, but it isn't anything special compared to other pads on the market.
CCM Eflex 3 bring a new pad material and substantial weight decrease... but that isn't game changing either (also on the top of my list for purchasing).

To me this year just seems like a down year for huge changes. But if this influences your possible purchasing decisions I'd go with SZ4 and SLR.

3 hours ago, Hills said:

I had that issue with my G2 Pros, took out the inner calf pillow and the issue went away. But unfortunately that feature was removed for the G3s but the pillow itself was considerably smaller.

As for the most interesting for this generations... I think this is a poor year for pads unless the Subzero 4 does something radical. I say poor because it seems like there are not huge changes this year and everything is a tweak or upgrade.

For example:

Bauer Supreme NXG -> Bauer Supreme 1S was a huge change with printed graphics, new pad material, lack of customization. 1X isn't a big change there.
Ritual G3 and GT seem to be slight tweaks to an already established design. GT is supposed to be a different pad internally but I don't see it as anything game changing (it is still on the top of my list for purchasing though).
SZ4 we have no info.
Vaughn SLR seems to be a pretty big jump in tech compared to the previous Ventus, but it isn't anything special compared to other pads on the market.
CCM Eflex 3 bring a new pad material and substantial weight decrease... but that isn't game changing either (also on the top of my list for purchasing).

To me this year just seems like a down year for huge changes. But if this influences your possible purchasing decisions I'd go with SZ4 and SLR.

Very good point. There's only something substantial every 3-4 years. I think the positive is that Bauer went a different way in technology and people will react and put their own spin on it. The new CCM material is a prime example. They are trying to reduce weight and increase slidability. Similar to what is drawing people to Bauer. 

4 hours ago, Evan said:

Going 1X here. I'm a Bauer fan, from Dubnyk. I'll need new gear in the coming months, and I'm not really sure about the strap differences between 1S and 1X. 

Here is the back of the 1X so you can tell the differences.

8qgXOD9.jpg

P4gTZjv.jpg

Archived