How do i not passout after the summer?

Znowleopard

Hey @Znowleopard! Long time, bud! First point: Let’s not lose our heads here, and do something rash like cutting out beer altogether. Now that we have that out of the way...

Not sure I have any really helpful tips, and I haven’t been on the ice since May (all that changes come Tuesday!), but I bought a spinning exercise bike and have been givin’ ‘Er on there every other day, getting up on the pedals for bursts, etc. I mix that in with jogging too, and some rowing machine. I also walk to work. Between all of those things, I think I’ve kept in reasonably good shape. I *think* the important things are variety and working at anaerobics rather than just straight cardio. TBH, my biggest concern was that you might give up beer - lol!

cheers dude!

1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Hey @Znowleopard! Long time, bud! First point: Let’s not lose our heads here, and do something rash like cutting out beer altogether. Now that we have that out of the way...

Not sure I have any really helpful tips, and I haven’t been on the ice since May (all that changes come Tuesday!), but I bought a spinning exercise bike and have been givin’ ‘Er on there every other day, getting up on the pedals for bursts, etc. I mix that in with jogging too, and some rowing machine. I also walk to work. Between all of those things, I think I’ve kept in reasonably good shape. I *think* the important things are variety and working at anaerobics rather than just straight cardio. TBH, my biggest concern was that you might give up beer - lol!

cheers dude!

Hahaha no no, im going to uni remember, ive heard cheap bear is a staple of uni life.

Yeah i should probably go on the rowing machine, that seems like a good idea. Thanks

1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

...and beer. They kind of gloss over that in Rocky. Mick even calls it “piss”, but it’s an important part of a winning formula!

raw eggs and beer make a great healthy breakfast, and also a good lunch.

Add a shot of vodka and you have a lovely dinner, that you could serve to your significant other.

9 minutes ago, Znowleopard said:

Add a shot of vodka and you have a lovely dinner, that you could serve to your significant other.

I dunno - my parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary today, and I’m pretty sure that raw eggs, vodka and beer were NEVER served... I want to make it to my 10th anniversary in October, so while my wife loves the Rocky movies, I might pass on the menu suggestion. Especially since she’s the reason I have access to a rowing machine (and coaching for correct technique; she rowed varsity at McGill, and also went to the Canada games)

24 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I dunno - my parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary today, and I’m pretty sure that raw eggs, vodka and beer were NEVER served... I want to make it to my 10th anniversary in October, so while my wife loves the Rocky movies, I might pass on the menu suggestion. Especially since she’s the reason I have access to a rowing machine (and coaching for correct technique; she rowed varsity at McGill, and also went to the Canada games)

But as I say- the one part of Rocky that would be practised from a bad marriage is beating the meat. After all- if you have to beat your meat, there be’s problems in the bed room...

I drive past all the stuff Rocky runs past. Works for me.

The I-95 construction site scene has the old Philly Incinerator though. That's now gone.

What's amazing is that at any time of any day you can drive on the oval and see people running the art museum stairs. Rain, snow, Africa heat, 4 AM... it don't matter. Always someone running up or down the stairs.

13 minutes ago, MTH said:

I drive past all the stuff Rocky runs past. Works for me.

The I-95 construction site scene has the old Philly Incinerator though. That's now gone.

What's amazing is that at any time of any day you can drive on the oval and see people running the art museum stairs. Rain, snow, Africa heat, 4 AM... it don't matter. Always someone running up or down the stairs.

But is anyone beating their meat?!?

Meat? More like swiss cheese:

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/weird/Swiss-Cheese-Pervert-Arrest-240553061.html

Christopher Pagano, the man accused of being the so-called “Swiss Cheese Pervert,” posted 10 percent of $30,000 early Friday after being arraigned on stalking, indecent exposure and harassment charges.

Pagano was arrested at his home on Noble Street in Norristown on Thursday as part of a joint investigation between Philadelphia and Norristown Police, officials tell NBC10 Philadelphia.

The 41-year-old has allegedly been spotted driving up to women and asking them if they would like to get paid to see him put Swiss cheese on his genitals.

Archived