Possible Boot Strap/ Lundqvist Style Heel Strap Mod

Max27

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

Is something on the pad for the boot strap? If not, you can break open the binding and sew in nylon web.

It is possible, but unless the strap is a semi-permanent part of the skate in the Lundy loop, taking the buckle in and out of the Lundy loop would be very hard on the Lundy loop. Semi-permanent would be two buckles on the web attached to the skate and they attach to two buckles on the pad. 

Are you trying to make your pad play like it’s taller? That really is the sole purpose of the Lundy loop.  

29 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Is something on the pad for the boot strap? If not, you can break open the binding and sew in nylon web.

It is possible, but unless the strap is a semi-permanent part of the skate in the Lundy loop, taking the buckle in and out of the Lundy loop would be very hard on the Lundy loop. Semi-permanent would be two buckles on the web attached to the skate and they attach to two buckles on the pad. 

Are you trying to make your pad play like it’s taller? That really is the sole purpose of the Lundy loop.  

no i dont have issues with my pads needing to be taller. i was just thinking if that would be possible because the nylon buckles like that give if you pull on them so i could see that acting how bauers crs toe laces that stretch and relieve stress. but then you would have to pull on the nylon strap to re-adjust it

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Possible Boot Strap/ Lundqvist Style Heel Strap Mod
9 hours ago, creasecollector said:

You can always just buy sticky velcro and loop it & stick it up the back of your skates. Holds up pretty well.

... And yes, my skates are old school. Bought them when I was 12 y/o and they (surprisingly) barely fit me today 13 years later.. 

1229638730_lundyloopMODonmyBauerskates.thumb.jpg.5a825bdbc01ac4c7bf09206c32ff72f2.jpg

i dont use a bootstrap at all i completely remove it from my pads imo i dont need it i was just thinking of that as a mod to have the nylon buckle as appose to bauer crs boot strap brians smart boot strap, or regular leather bootstrap 

Archived