Don Simmons Equipment

TheGoalNet

Simmons outsources their production on some products,but I think they're honest and upfront about what you're buying and that it is made in Canada. I have their 996 chest and when I called Mark to order it he made it very clear they would do any mods I wanted. He also said if there was anything wrong,EVER,to send it back and they would take care of it. Maybe not producing the product but the customer service was great, the chest exceeds all of my expectations. Now, I'm not trying to start a love fest, I've seen enough back and forth "nonsense" about Simmons and Mark. The products I've purchased are exactly what I expected and what I wanted. When anyone asks I tell them it feels like Senior Plus, not quite pro but I didn't pay Pro prices so I'm fine with it. I've recommended their services and products to other old guys and everyone has been thrilled with the value and customer service. If it's Boddam gear then they make great gear for the average guy. Best sticks I've ever purchased for the price I paid. And I used to pay a lot for Christians!!!

I believe TheGoalnet said it previously, if you're considering Senior level gear you would crazy not to take a look at Simmons/Boddam.

18 hours ago, DALV1 said:

Simmons outsources their production on some products,but I think they're honest and upfront about what you're buying and that it is made in Canada. I have their 996 chest and when I called Mark to order it he made it very clear they would do any mods I wanted. He also said if there was anything wrong,EVER,to send it back and they would take care of it. Maybe not producing the product but the customer service was great, the chest exceeds all of my expectations. Now, I'm not trying to start a love fest, I've seen enough back and forth "nonsense" about Simmons and Mark. The products I've purchased are exactly what I expected and what I wanted. When anyone asks I tell them it feels like Senior Plus, not quite pro but I didn't pay Pro prices so I'm fine with it. I've recommended their services and products to other old guys and everyone has been thrilled with the value and customer service. If it's Boddam gear then they make great gear for the average guy. Best sticks I've ever purchased for the price I paid. And I used to pay a lot for Christians!!!

I believe TheGoalnet said it previously, if you're considering Senior level gear you would crazy not to take a look at Simmons/Boddam.

To be clear too, my earlier post was not meant to be negative when asking about Boddam. It was purely a curiosity. 

No worries here, if Mickey Mouse made the gear that well and priced reasonable I'd wear Mickey Mouse gear. I know there's a "Simmons" thing that happens when a discussion starts about them,I was trying to point out that they, Simmons or Boddam make good stuff. The gear was exactly what I thought it would be and the price I wanted to spend. I think sometimes the idea of having the bigger name outweighs the practical choice,for a beer league guy or gal of course.

I apologize if you thought I took any offense to the Boddam comment. I didn't,my rambling just read wrong I guess. Had it been as easy to buy direct from them,Boddam, I would have,maybe next time. 

9 hours ago, DALV1 said:

No worries here, if Mickey Mouse made the gear that well and priced reasonable I'd wear Mickey Mouse gear. I know there's a "Simmons" thing that happens when a discussion starts about them,I was trying to point out that they, Simmons or Boddam make good stuff. The gear was exactly what I thought it would be and the price I wanted to spend. I think sometimes the idea of having the bigger name outweighs the practical choice,for a beer league guy or gal of course.

I apologize if you thought I took any offense to the Boddam comment. I didn't,my rambling just read wrong I guess. Had it been as easy to buy direct from them,Boddam, I would have,maybe next time. 

All good man! No negativity here towards Simmonds

Manufacturing is very expensive, especially when you offer different types of product, so a lot of companies will contract it out to those who have the machines and ability to do it more efficiently.  There are many products we buy and use that are manufactured by the same company, yet have very different names and features and often are competitors.  Consider Foxconn, they make your iphones, ipads, Blackberry phones, Nokia Phones, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 4,  Xbox One and Kindles.  This is the company made famous for workers jumping out of windows.  

46 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

Manufacturing is very expensive, especially when you offer different types of product, so a lot of companies will contract it out to those who have the machines and ability to do it more efficiently.  There are many products we buy and use that are manufactured by the same company, yet have very different names and features and often are competitors.  Consider Foxconn, they make your iphones, ipads, Blackberry phones, Nokia Phones, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 4,  Xbox One and Kindles.  This is the company made famous for workers jumping out of windows.  

For many, it is simply not cost effective to tool up to make things. In so many cases, it saves a fledgling company from having to make the mistakes that can be made from perfecting their own manufacturing processes. Anyone can make a great prototype, but taking that prototype and turning it into a successful production product is harder than you think!

Archived