Kova Neck Guard

What I've read and heard here in Finland of people using this Kova neck guard, nobody is complaining about protection or fit. I'd say the stock sizing is already very good for most. And as it's intented to be tight fit around your neck the height shouldn't be extracted up too much.

Only wear issues I've seen at the local repairs shop is the neck part rubbing through and mostly in the rear where Velcroes are attached. But the guy at the shop said those units were used a lot by a high level goalies so it is sort if expected to wear out.

I'm in a way towards Kova as my Reebok TC Pro is wearing out. Only thing I'm unsure is that I like the shirt style which keeps things at spot. Kova is not offering that but then again, not heard of any issues of Kova to move around the neck.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:50 AM, ArdeFIN said:

What I've read and heard here in Finland of people using this Kova neck guard, nobody is complaining about protection or fit. I'd say the stock sizing is already very good for most. And as it's intented to be tight fit around your neck the height shouldn't be extracted up too much.

Only wear issues I've seen at the local repairs shop is the neck part rubbing through and mostly in the rear where Velcroes are attached. But the guy at the shop said those units were used a lot by a high level goalies so it is sort if expected to wear out.

I'm in a way towards Kova as my Reebok TC Pro is wearing out. Only thing I'm unsure is that I like the shirt style which keeps things at spot. Kova is not offering that but then again, not heard of any issues of Kova to move around the neck.

I’ve worn mine both above and under my compression shirt. Though I usually  wear it under. In both cases I haven’t had any complaints. I love mine. 

On 7/11/2020 at 3:50 PM, ArdeFIN said:

You can always sew it to some shirt if you have minimum sewing skills. I did that to my Bauer neck guard years ago as it moves around with every move. Plus I remove velcro strap and replace it with plastic clip.

10 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

You can always sew it to some shirt if you have minimum sewing skills. I did that to my Bauer neck guard years ago as it moves around with every move. Plus I remove velcro strap and replace it with plastic clip.

I just might have enough skill to complete that mission. But I would rather buy a new neckguard readily like that if it was possible. Well CCM is available but I'm not completely happy with that either.

Oh well, I do want something like Kova is. That's about it 😄 if it's needed I'll add some shirt there.

Got My neck guard today! I'm surprised about the quality! Feels very good. I'll be back with review with my combinat and mask. Have to buy a new mask first :(

But at the first try today without any other stuffs I think I should go for 41.25 cm with longer velcro and 4.5 or 4 cm high. But then I am very silly fussy about that. I don't like throat protection at all. But this is very much better than Bauer, CCM and Vaughn so far.

FYI : If don't womit/throw up during any practice with Kova then I will give Kova 10/10. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update!; Very good, didn't vomit or feel tight.

BUT.

I shouldn't added 1.25 cm more and should go for my neck circumference and maybe -0.25 because those Kova didn't feel tight as other brands. But the add on 1.25 was planned because I never use my neck guards so tight, but now I maybe can use neck guards more correct with Kova and tight to my neck. Safer and better. Thank you Kova for fast response on my questions and good quality on those guards!

100000 of 10 recommended!

• 2 years later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Was pretty skeptical I’d like this. Been using the Aegis which very minimal and flexible... like a Maltese on steroids. 

Didn’t think I’d like the firm bib and it worked great. Very low profile and stayed in place 

No good shots to comment on there 

Sorry I know I am super late on this thread. However, I am looking at upgrading my vaughn neckguard and have it narrowed down to the Aegis pro and Kova (with Kenesky as a wildcard darkhorse). As you have experience with both the Aegis and the Kova is there one you would recommend over the other? Thank you kindly.