G3 sr vs G4 pro glove

kippewit

Wondering if there is much difference between the G3 and the G4 glove in terms of design. Also, I sometimes play some levels up and if a shot accidentally hits the palm of my hand instead of the pocket, it hurts for a few minutes. I have a G3 sr now and wonder if the pro would deal with this feeling. 

8 minutes ago, kippewit said:

Wondering if there is much difference between the G3 and the G4 glove in terms of design. Also, I sometimes play some levels up and if a shot accidentally hits the palm of my hand instead of the pocket, it hurts for a few minutes. I have a G3 sr now and wonder if the pro would deal with this feeling. 

I always recommend pro for a glove vs Sr... Even tho Warrior senior gear is high level.

As for the G3/4 differences, they're minor tweaks:

http://blog.goaliemonkey.com/on-ice-preview-warrior-ritual-g4-full-set/

1 hour ago, kippewit said:

I’ve owned and used both. In a blind test, I doubt many can tell the difference. That said, as much as I love Warrior gloves for the lightweight and ridiculously easy closure, even the Pro glove palm is not very protective in comparison to other pro-level gloves, even with “game ready” palm. You are going to feel hard shots. 

There is Hypercomp material in G4 vs "normal" plastic in G3, it should be more rigid. I have GT Pro and it is more protective after I removed thin plastic part from break. Maybe it´s personal preference but I feel like Warrior Pro catchers are one of the most protective off the shelf catchers.  Pro glove doesn´t mean you won´t get any stingers if you face enough shots. 

Archived