Tightening Leg Channels

A.YOUNGoalie13

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

But are you made of rubber bands and use 45 pointless leg straps too?

Judging by their username, they may very well be made of rubber bands at a young age :P

@A.YOUNGoalie13 If you're set on keeping the pads, you could probably (or get a repair shop or something to) add another velcro strap lower down the calf like on the SLR2's.  I think that should be a fairly low-cost solution, and the leg channel wings shouldn't be too difficult to stitch into, unlike something like the Bauers.

15 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

@seagoalYeah its wide so I want to try and make it tighter and @BadAngle41 yes Jonathan Quick is my favorite goalie and to whoever said am I made out of rubber bands like Quick? I am!

FA1CE0C8-58FF-4171-9D3A-55D208D5B942.jpeg

Wow, looking good man!

Have you considering adding more flexibility underneath your pads and how they attach to your skates? 

In that photo your boot strap is completely taut and your toe ties look really snug.  Those two things are making everything fit and feel tight and you could loosen things up to give yourself more flexibility and wiggle room with how everything fits and feels.

Your skates are tightly, flush up against the bottom of your pads but they could be stretched outward and towards the ice with a different attachment set-up such as some version of bungee toe ties and a much looser...or no boot strap at all.

EDIT: sorry, I just realized you want things to fit TIGHTER, not LOOSER.  Ignore my suggestions.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You can hear the groin injuries mounting up as the older members see this.

Yep.  That position for most of us is the consequence of something gone very wrong....certainly not a "save selection."

Hey @A.YOUNGoalie13,  just wanted to say that Quick is my favortite goalie too.  I love his style and his athleticism and his stance and his gear...I'm a big Vaughn lover and I've used Vaughn my entire life playing net now for about 26-27 years.  I also wear a Sportmask just like him. 

I wanted to make sure you saw my current mask for my team called the Ice Dragons here 

https://www.thegoalnet.com/forums/topic/2116-ice-dragons-mask-by-head-strong-grafx/?tab=comments#comment-50239

I have a tribute to Quick on the perimeter of the mask and the backplate.  

Cheers man. 

8 hours ago, seagoal said:

Hey @A.YOUNGoalie13,  just wanted to say that Quick is my favortite goalie too.  I love his style and his athleticism and his stance and his gear...I'm a big Vaughn lover and I've used Vaughn my entire life playing net now for about 26-27 years.  I also wear a Sportmask just like him. 

I wanted to make sure you saw my current mask for my team called the Ice Dragons here 

https://www.thegoalnet.com/forums/topic/2116-ice-dragons-mask-by-head-strong-grafx/?tab=comments#comment-50239

I have a tribute to Quick on the perimeter of the mask and the backplate.  

Cheers man. 

That’s frickin sick man

Archived