CCM NHL Spec C&A

TheGoalNet

*vernier, not micrometer, homie! 😂

Ok, seriously - this was really cool. I was actually shocked by the weight of the new spec C/A. I was certain it would be hundreds of grams less.

What's your overall take on the shift to the newer, slimmer units?

53 minutes ago, Taco said:

There is an XL CCM, new, for a good price on bay/swap. Not mine but I’d be all over it if it were smaller 

I saw that one as well but I thought fit 3 was large and not xl. I’d like to know who it was made for since that would give a more accurate size since I’m interested in trying one of these nhl spec units out. 

22 minutes ago, Taco said:

Hmm...I use a large Vaughn (with nothing wrong with it)....need confirmation on fit 3 lol

Same here lol. I’ve googled about as much as I can and can’t seem to find CCMs size chart as it pertains to their fit sizes. 

On 9/28/2019 at 11:55 AM, HP29 said:

Ok, seriously - this was really cool. I was actually shocked by the weight of the new spec C/A. I was certain it would be hundreds of grams less.

image.thumb.png.da437549b137956df4eb6f3dd0b38d49.png

On 9/28/2019 at 11:55 AM, HP29 said:

The shoulders feel small and like my neck is very exposed. The arms are also the stiffest I have ever seen

On 9/30/2019 at 10:16 PM, TheGoalNet said:

image.thumb.png.da437549b137956df4eb6f3dd0b38d49.png

Your screenshot indeed shows both a Micrometer (horseshoe looking thingy) and a Vernier (the thing in your video)!!

I'm only breaking your balls, I sold measuring tools for the better part of a decade...

My own bias heading into this "new spec" shift, coupled with your short review here, really has me leaning towards waiting for the upcoming sales on current spec, and just hanging onto one in a closet until mine dies. 

On 10/2/2019 at 9:37 AM, HP29 said:

Your screenshot indeed shows both a Micrometer (horseshoe looking thingy) and a Vernier (the thing in your video)!!

I'm only breaking your balls, I sold measuring tools for the better part of a decade...

My own bias heading into this "new spec" shift, coupled with your short review here, really has me leaning towards waiting for the upcoming sales on current spec, and just hanging onto one in a closet until mine dies. 

I know, I am just actually explaining how I got what I wanted. I googled what I thought it was called and the product arrived I wanted!

I will wear this on Wednesday

lol this thread seems like a bit of a metrology thread. I have also seen a few of these units (bauer and ccm) pop up in western GTA on Facebook market. @TheGoalNet can you also elaborate on the fit scheme here? i know that each chesty is tailored to each individual goalie but does the numbered fits mean something?

Archived