Maltese still Around? Can't get a response from them

Jape

Maltese is basically done at this point as far as I know.  Eco Pro neck guards from goalieparts.com are very similar.  I believe some former Maltese reps started Roughneck as well.  both use Eco Pro Foam.  goalieparts will be the faster option for sure.

22 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

As above... Direct Maltese clone:

https://goalieparts.com/products/ecoprofoam-neck-and-clavicle-protector.html

Or the Roughneck which is a Passau sister company:

https://roughneckprotection.com/english

Sarah at PAW, Kova and Aegis also.offer decent neck protection

I second all of what @cwarnar said. Passau actually used to build the Maltese units... so saying the Roughneck they now make is a Maltese clone is damn near spot on. In fact I've noticed a couple wear spots on the corners of my Maltese and have considered contacting Passau/Roughneck to reskin it for me.

That said, I've also had the pleasure of demoing the Aegis Interceptor Pro and can say that having recently taken one off the neck when wearing it... the Aegis performed equal to what I have come to expect from my Maltese unit. I have also demo'd the EcoFoam Pro unit and it had a VERY similar fit and feel to Maltese. No first hand experience with the neck guards PAW or Kova put out... but have no doubt they're tanks as well.

56 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

As above... Direct Maltese clone:

https://goalieparts.com/products/ecoprofoam-neck-and-clavicle-protector.html

Or the Roughneck which is a Passau sister company:

https://roughneckprotection.com/english

Sarah at PAW, Kova and Aegis also.offer decent neck protection

I don't know about the new Aegis that is coming to the market soonish, but the current model does not provide the same neck protection as Maltese and its progeny.  Not even close.  The D30 or whatever that material is may be fine in other contexts, but not for a hard shot to the throat.

Also, love everything Sara makes at PAW but there really are two models of neck protectors -- the Maltese and the Vaughn/PAW/everyone else.  The Maltese is gel based and has no plastic.  Very balanced.  The PAW model (Kova is similar) is a completely different feel.  I love the Maltese/Roughneck/EPF (I've had at least one of each) and sold my PAW as quickly as I could.  Very well made, just didn't like the feel.  

6 hours ago, jeff da goalie said:

I don't know about the new Aegis that is coming to the market soonish, but the current model does not provide the same neck protection as Maltese and its progeny.  Not even close.  The D30 or whatever that material is may be fine in other contexts, but not for a hard shot to the throat.

I can attest to the soonish to be released Aegis Interceptor Pro... they did a great job w/ layering D30 on the face along with a D30 lite material on the backing. Took one to the neck and it performed as well as my Maltese.

9 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

I second all of what @cwarnar said. Passau actually used to build the Maltese units... so saying the Roughneck they now make is a Maltese clone is damn near spot on. In fact I've noticed a couple wear spots on the corners of my Maltese and have considered contacting Passau/Roughneck to reskin it for me.

That said, I've also had the pleasure of demoing the Aegis Interceptor Pro and can say that having recently taken one off the neck when wearing it... the Aegis performed equal to what I have come to expect from my Maltese unit. I have also demo'd the EcoFoam Pro unit and it had a VERY similar fit and feel to Maltese. No first hand experience with the neck guards PAW or Kova put out... but have no doubt they're tanks as well.

Would they do that??

Archived