July 4th - Portland Oregon

coopaloop1234

So myself and my groomsmen are going to be in downtown Portland from July 1st to July 5th for my bachelor party. For myself and a few others it's our first time in the states during the July 4th festivities.

Anyone form the area or familiar with it have any potential suggestions for things to do? Keep in mind we're all 30 and are ready to party.

Coop!  Awesome you are going to Portland .  When's your wedding again?  If you guys need a pitstop there or back, let me know.

What neighborhood are you planning to stay in?

I know that city pretty well.  Here are a few of my favorites and I highly recommend these.  They are all in the general downtown/Pearl District area:

-Breakfast and brunch are taken very seriously in Portland and there are hundreds of choices in the city. My favorite is Kenny and Zuke's.  They have an espresso machine, which is a huge plus for me

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=kenny+and+zukes

-Likewise, beer is huge in Portland and there are hundreds of breweries.  My favorite one with a full kitchen of awesome food is Duschutes...you've likely had their beer.  Fresh Squeezed IPA is one of my go-to favorite beers

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=ovIcXvDMK8y50PEPy6K1qAE&q=deschutes+brewery+portland&oq=deschutes+bre&gs_l=psy-ab.3.1.0j0i273j0l8.235223.238660..240644...0.4..0.64.282.6......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67j0i131.-kSaPqQrj-8

-The most unbelievable burritos in Portland are at Santeria.  Kind of an unassuming divey joint, but holy crap the food is amazing and their salsas are bad ass and they have an amazing beer selection, to be expected.  BONUS: to take a leak here, you have to go next door to the strip club, Mary's.  How cool is that?  Don't tell your soon-to-be-wife, eh?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=JfQcXteyENOv0PEPu7CrmAI&q=burrito+place+next+to+mary's+portland&oq=burrito+place+next+to+mary's+portland&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160l2.6412.8505..8636...0.2..0.73.532.9......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j33i299.RHj2ZD_KRKs&ved=0ahUKEwiX2fbi1IHnAhXTFzQIHTvYCiMQ4dUDCAo&uact=5

-More great beer, not so much food here.   Another Portland favorite of mine, 10 Barrel Brewing

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&biw=1920&bih=944&ei=BfYcXuCaEsKw0PEP46OsqAo&q=10+barrel+brewing&oq=10+b&gs_l=psy-ab.3.0.0i273j0i67l5j0l4.2004.3179..4740...0.2..0.59.209.4......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i131.CTXDqP70qpo

Fucking rights @seagoal That's what I'm talking about. Wedding isn't till October.

We're training in from Vancouver to Portland and back, so probably not a lot of time for me to swing by and pay you a visit. One of these days we'll get together.

We're staying in an AirBnB between Nob Hill and Goose Hollow. We wanted to be somewhat walking distance to the downtown core.

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Fucking rights @seagoal That's what I'm talking about. Wedding isn't till October.

We're training in from Vancouver to Portland and back, so probably not a lot of time for me to swing by and pay you a visit. One of these days we'll get together.

We're staying in an AirBnB between Nob Hill and Goose Hollow. We wanted to be somewhat walking distance to the downtown core.

Ah, yes, the train.  Forgot about that.  No worries. 

Awesome, that's a great neighborhood.  Will this be your first time there?

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ah, yes, the train.  Forgot about that.  No worries. 

Awesome, that's a great neighborhood.  Will this be your first time there?

Yea it will be. First time in Oregon actually. I've been to Cali and Washington.

We're stoked for it. Here's hoping all the memes and stereotypes of Yanks going all out for America day are true. :P

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea it will be. First time in Oregon actually. I've been to Cali and Washington.

We're stoked for it. Here's hoping all the memes and stereotypes of Yanks going all out for America day are true. :P

Ha, well you'll see some, for sure.  But seriously, Portland isn't known for it's conformity or patriotism.  It is in all seriousness a far, FAR left-progressive city and there is an abundance of irony and counter culture and rebellious youth.

One of the taglines for Portland is "the city where progressives in their 20s go to retire."

If you travel just 4 inches....centimeters....out of Portland though you'll see lots of giant pick-up trucks with American flags flying out of the bed. Lots of mountain folk and red necks out of the city.

Portland is an amazing food-beer-coffee-wine city.  So, so good.

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Ha, well you'll see some, for sure.  But seriously, Portland isn't known for it's conformity or patriotism.  It is in all seriousness a far, FAR left-progressive city and there is an abundance of irony and counter culture and rebellious youth.

One of the taglines for Portland is "the city where progressives in their 20s go to retire."

If you travel just 4 inches....centimeters....out of Portland though you'll see lots of giant pick-up trucks with American flags flying out of the bed. Lots of mountain folk and red necks out of the city.

Portland is an amazing food-beer-coffee-wine city.  So, so good.

So just another major west coast city then? 

😂

Archived