Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
coopaloop1234

July 4th - Portland Oregon

Recommended Posts

So myself and my groomsmen are going to be in downtown Portland from July 1st to July 5th for my bachelor party. For myself and a few others it's our first time in the states during the July 4th festivities.

Anyone form the area or familiar with it have any potential suggestions for things to do? Keep in mind we're all 30 and are ready to party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portland is a very cool city. You can throw a dart and find a good place to eat and drink. Don't 'bro' it up too hard, please. When in Rome, as is often said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dualshowman said:

Portland is a very cool city. You can throw a dart and find a good place to eat and drink. Don't 'bro' it up too hard, please. When in Rome, as is often said...

But I already got my visor, frosted tips, and pookah shell necklace ready though...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coop!  Awesome you are going to Portland .  When's your wedding again?  If you guys need a pitstop there or back, let me know.

What neighborhood are you planning to stay in?

I know that city pretty well.  Here are a few of my favorites and I highly recommend these.  They are all in the general downtown/Pearl District area:

-Breakfast and brunch are taken very seriously in Portland and there are hundreds of choices in the city. My favorite is Kenny and Zuke's.  They have an espresso machine, which is a huge plus for me

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=kenny+and+zukes

-Likewise, beer is huge in Portland and there are hundreds of breweries.  My favorite one with a full kitchen of awesome food is Duschutes...you've likely had their beer.  Fresh Squeezed IPA is one of my go-to favorite beers

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=ovIcXvDMK8y50PEPy6K1qAE&q=deschutes+brewery+portland&oq=deschutes+bre&gs_l=psy-ab.3.1.0j0i273j0l8.235223.238660..240644...0.4..0.64.282.6......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67j0i131.-kSaPqQrj-8

-The most unbelievable burritos in Portland are at Santeria.  Kind of an unassuming divey joint, but holy crap the food is amazing and their salsas are bad ass and they have an amazing beer selection, to be expected.  BONUS: to take a leak here, you have to go next door to the strip club, Mary's.  How cool is that?  Don't tell your soon-to-be-wife, eh?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=JfQcXteyENOv0PEPu7CrmAI&q=burrito+place+next+to+mary's+portland&oq=burrito+place+next+to+mary's+portland&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160l2.6412.8505..8636...0.2..0.73.532.9......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j33i299.RHj2ZD_KRKs&ved=0ahUKEwiX2fbi1IHnAhXTFzQIHTvYCiMQ4dUDCAo&uact=5

-More great beer, not so much food here.   Another Portland favorite of mine, 10 Barrel Brewing

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&biw=1920&bih=944&ei=BfYcXuCaEsKw0PEP46OsqAo&q=10+barrel+brewing&oq=10+b&gs_l=psy-ab.3.0.0i273j0i67l5j0l4.2004.3179..4740...0.2..0.59.209.4......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i131.CTXDqP70qpo

Edited by seagoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking rights @seagoal That's what I'm talking about. Wedding isn't till October.

We're training in from Vancouver to Portland and back, so probably not a lot of time for me to swing by and pay you a visit. One of these days we'll get together.

We're staying in an AirBnB between Nob Hill and Goose Hollow. We wanted to be somewhat walking distance to the downtown core.

Edited by coopaloop1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Fucking rights @seagoal That's what I'm talking about. Wedding isn't till October.

We're training in from Vancouver to Portland and back, so probably not a lot of time for me to swing by and pay you a visit. One of these days we'll get together.

We're staying in an AirBnB between Nob Hill and Goose Hollow. We wanted to be somewhat walking distance to the downtown core.

Ah, yes, the train.  Forgot about that.  No worries. 

Awesome, that's a great neighborhood.  Will this be your first time there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ah, yes, the train.  Forgot about that.  No worries. 

Awesome, that's a great neighborhood.  Will this be your first time there?

Yea it will be. First time in Oregon actually. I've been to Cali and Washington.

We're stoked for it. Here's hoping all the memes and stereotypes of Yanks going all out for America day are true. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea it will be. First time in Oregon actually. I've been to Cali and Washington.

We're stoked for it. Here's hoping all the memes and stereotypes of Yanks going all out for America day are true. :P

Ha, well you'll see some, for sure.  But seriously, Portland isn't known for it's conformity or patriotism.  It is in all seriousness a far, FAR left-progressive city and there is an abundance of irony and counter culture and rebellious youth.

One of the taglines for Portland is "the city where progressives in their 20s go to retire."

If you travel just 4 inches....centimeters....out of Portland though you'll see lots of giant pick-up trucks with American flags flying out of the bed. Lots of mountain folk and red necks out of the city.

Portland is an amazing food-beer-coffee-wine city.  So, so good.

Edited by seagoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Ha, well you'll see some, for sure.  But seriously, Portland isn't known for it's conformity or patriotism.  It is in all seriousness a far, FAR left-progressive city and there is an abundance of irony and counter culture and rebellious youth.

One of the taglines for Portland is "the city where progressives in their 20s go to retire."

If you travel just 4 inches....centimeters....out of Portland though you'll see lots of giant pick-up trucks with American flags flying out of the bed. Lots of mountain folk and red necks out of the city.

Portland is an amazing food-beer-coffee-wine city.  So, so good.

So just another major west coast city then? 

😂

Edited by coopaloop1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flew out of Medford a couple years ago.. the guy sitting next to me must've bonged out in the parking lot... 🙄  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good timing on this topic! My wife and I are doing a trip to PDX for a long weekend in March.  I'll update this thread if we come across anything suitable for a weekend of drunken stupor 😁 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...