Glove break in technique

Big2

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got a new Warrior Ritual G4 intermediate glove and I’m looking for a way to quickly break it in with involving pouring water inside the cuff of my glove. Additionally, I don’t really feel comfortable putting my glove in an oven, even if it’s not that hot and you turn it off. Is there anything else I could do, or am I stuck going old school?

On 5/9/2020 at 5:29 AM, shak0goalie said:

So I just got a new Warrior Ritual G4 intermediate glove and I’m looking for a way to quickly break it in with involving pouring water inside the cuff of my glove. Additionally, I don’t really feel comfortable putting my glove in an oven, even if it’s not that hot and you turn it off. Is there anything else I could do, or am I stuck going old school?

Hot water (from the tap is hot enough) and tie the glove shut. Once it has cooled down, catch some pucks/balls with it. Just wear it. Then tape it shut again and allow it to dry. That should do the trick. Repeat if necessary.

• 1 year later...

Close the glove, tie it shut and put it on the floor. Lean kettle bell handles or any other weights you have to keep it shut. I’ll leave it like that overnight and even throughout the day for a couple days until I have a skate and that starts to break it in. Actually using it works it in the best though!

On 4/25/2020 at 9:03 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Been doing the open and close technique over the past week on my CCM glove. Working from home lends me a lot of time to do so. 

Anyone else with a 590 have a weird squared off feeling with the plastics/foams in the heel area? 

94575926_924865617944725_6993312291059924992_n.jpg.2cbdcbfc3c80607d2af6f29f77784439.jpg

I just started a journey with P2.9 to find out what one should do to make it work. I'll make a topic to the "Mods" when I get a bit further with it. So far dismantled the whole pocket and T and without those parts the glove is butter. 😆

A terrible piece of gear to be honest, but it will be improved.

6 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

I just started a journey with P2.9 to find out what one should do to make it work. I'll make a topic to the "Mods" when I get a bit further with it. So far dismantled the whole pocket and T and without those parts the glove is butter. 😆

A terrible piece of gear to be honest, but it will be improved.

I ended up selling it last year. Not the biggest fan of gloves that aren't a 75 break, but especially a Lefebrve glove/blocker.

It's the type of gear that I'll never understand the fondness for, it just feels so poorly designed.

On 11/24/2021 at 9:05 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

I ended up selling it last year. Not the biggest fan of gloves that aren't a 75 break, but especially a Lefebrve glove/blocker.

It's the type of gear that I'll never understand the fondness for, it just feels so poorly designed.

Good choice to sell. They still have more value in the markets than I would give them. The design is poor and has only been renewed with Axis and Eflex5, atleast so much that you can say something is changed.